What's new

What's Your Moustache Wax For The Day?

Been using a combo of firehouse "Wacky Tacky" and "Light" for along tome now and like it but wondering if someone else sells a wax that is the same as "Wacky Tacky" but whiter.

strop

Now half as wise
Been using a combo of firehouse "Wacky Tacky" and "Light" for along tome now and like it but wondering if someone else sells a wax that is the same as "Wacky Tacky" but whiter.

Sounds like you and I have a similar problem! I'm constantly on the lookout for white wax, and have purchased several because the picture on line looked OK, only to find they were much too yellow. If you look back thru this thread I am constantly asking what color a wax is, when only the tin is posted. The scents on this last one look great, but alas, the picture doesn't.

The only three I've found that work and are white enough are Firehouse Light, Lockhart's white (and even it ha a slight yellow tinge), and Cowboy Comb. If you know of any others, please let me know!

strop

Now half as wise
Going back and forth with Firehouse and Lockhart's. I have observed that with moustache wax, unlike soap, more is not necessarily better. I very judiciously trim just the very tips as they grow out, so they gradually become a little thicker as more hairs get out to the tip. Using wax on just the outer inch or two actually seems to work better than waxing the whole thing.

Mine is finally getting to that point, and Lockhart's and Coffee do not create the best overall substance when applied through the entire body of the stach. That said Lockhart's today LOL:w00t:

i have a question. is firehouse Wacky Tacky the same as firehouse light? just different colors? i got the light because of some grey i am getting, but it is rather soft, and has problems holding on the left side for me. it seems that one side like to curl up naturally and the other wants to curl down. the light just does not seem to handle it. Pinaud neutral does better for example. my mustache is still dark, it is my beard that is really white. should i consider another firehouse wax or just realize it may not be for me.

strop

Now half as wise
The Wacky Tacky definitely has more hold, but is very dark in color. I can't use it at all with my white hair. Cowboy Comb is another pure white wax that seems a little harder than the FH light.

How old is yur handlebar? That is not an uncommon problem it seems, at least for me, and others that have posted here. As it grows out and gets thicker and longer, and gets trained, that problem lessens. I find using my wax of choice for shaping, then using the Clubman over that allows the Clubman to dry and do a better job.

Brother's Love is a thick clear product that dries to a very hard, strong hold. Scent takes a litle getting used to , but fades rapidly.

thanks for the info strop
i have had it for most of the last 3 years, but i used to only let the ends grow and trim over my upper lip. since joining B&B i have been letting it all grow out, so i need more wax on all of it, as i am training a lot more hair out to the side. like i said one side is a natural, but other need a bit more work.
i recently got some Got2b-glued and that really can put a hold on it, but it sometime makes it look wet the way it dries. i may try the clubman for the tips. in the past that was all i really needed, but now that i am training the whole thing i need to up my game.

I grew my mustache for Movember, after having had a bare lip for decades. Since SWMBO likes it, I'm keeping it for a while. It's just an average paintbrush mustache, but I like a little wax in it to keep it looking well groomed. A little light, soft wax does the trick. I'm using Fisticuffs now, and I like the results.

$image.jpg

strop

Now half as wise
Fisticuffs has arguably the best packaging I've found. Not pocket friendly, but I don't carry it around anyway. Sadly, while it worked great for me, has too much of a yellow tint.

Decided to 3017 my tin of Lockharts, still with a little Clubman to top it off.

It's Fire House Wacky Tacky for me , it's the darkest , but still neutral . I guess if your stache is white you might need light , but it's not like Clubman dying your whiskers at all .

Top Bottom