What's new

What's Your Moustache Wax For The Day?

Any updates on the Proraso Mustache wax?

The order hasn't arrived yet, so other than the fact it is ordered and on it's way.. not really. lol

Last update on te tracking was from the 19th, it was leaving the Chicago area. However, coming in from that side of the state means it has to negotiate the 8 foot of snow that dumped on the Buffalo area in 28 hours or so, and they are still getting more last I knew, so that has delayed much coming through there. That shipment may take an extra few days to be processed. lol

strop

Now half as wise
Firehouse with Stern for a topcoat. Shaped very easily today. Probably took no longer than 60 seconds. I have yet to figure out why some days are so much easier than others.

Glad to see somebody else likes the Brother's Love.:thumbup1:

Going to the Beard & Mustache Championship of the Universe in Atlantic City tonight. Might need to do alchemical combinations to stiffen the upper lip hair. Will pack my entire collection of waxes.

strop

Now half as wise
Going to the Beard & Mustache Championship of the Universe in Atlantic City tonight. Might need to do alchemical combinations to stiffen the upper lip hair. Will pack my entire collection of waxes.

Please give us a report! Sound like a good time. And enlighten us amateurs about your collection of waxes and what your favorites are!

Oh, Pics would be nice, too.:thumbup:

strop

Now half as wise
I find that the color and hold of Brothers is way superior to Clubman. Once you get user to the smell of it lol.
For strong hold days I go Firehouse or Got2B Glued.

Without question, better than Clubman. The scent is intresting to say the least. I am not really bothered by it. Can you describe it? I really have no idea what it is.

Without question, better than Clubman. The scent is intresting to say the least. I am not really bothered by it. Can you describe it? I really have no idea what it is.

It is hard to describe the smell. It's a smell that you think you've smelled before but can quite recall from where. The best I can describe it is a lightly floral shoe polish smell.

strop

Now half as wise
Glad I'm not the only one that has trouble figuring out what it is!

And Cowboy Comb with Brothers Love for the strays.

See this link, if you use Facebook, to see a rundown of some category winners. My own photos were crummy.

https://www.facebook.com/championsh....1416778181./1496712963941169/?type=3&theater

I bumped into another contestant on the way home today. He shared a secret about giving the ultimate hold to stubborn, droopy moustache tips: Elmers glue stick. No kidding. This fellow told me he learned the trick from someone who has been competing in these things for years and who has been wearing a fancy waxed moustache for 50+ years. The guy I met said he'd only use it for contests or formal outings, as he said it is a little challenging to wash out.

Please give us a report! Sound like a good time. And enlighten us amateurs about your collection of waxes and what your favorites are!

Oh, Pics would be nice, too.:thumbup:

Yes , the actual glue stick purple in color but goes on and dries clear. The opaque stick has a really pungent Flowery smell that lingers. The purple has no scent

Top Bottom