What's new

What's Your Moustache Wax For The Day?

i use moustache wrestler most of the time, but sometimes the clubman wax. (i found that clubman did not work very well for me until i got the whisker an inch or longer)
$shaving kit.jpg
in particular i was wondering if anyone uses the moustache wrestler, and how it compares to Firehouse Moustache Wacky Tacky. i can get mine locally it had decent hold and a neutral color. it looks like fire house is popular, but i don't think i can get it locally, so i was hoping for some opinions before ordering some.

it also looks like i should be looking at using multiple types of wax to get the best of all worlds.

strop

Now half as wise
Homemade wax today. Sorry, though I can't tell you exactly what is in it! Some time ago I started experimenting with various combinations of oils, wax, etc. This started as one of those failures. I found that a little castor oil goes a loooong way. I makes the wax too hard and it won't soften well. I had some Badger wax that is just too soft and won't hold at all for me, so I mixed some in with the failed stuff....and it worked!

tylehman,
I've never used the Moustache Wrestler, so can't comment, but I don't recall hearing anyone here that wasn't satisfied with the Firehouse. The Wacky Tacky is very dark in color so I can't use it, but the light does well for me. As far as using multiple products, it varies day to day for me. For guys with very straight rather fine hair, I doubt mush is neede at all. I have thick wiry hair, that at times wants to curl a bit, so a creamier product like Pinaud works well as a topcoat for those few strays, and then hardens to hold it together, but isn't strong enough to use by itself.

strop

Now half as wise
Still rocking my home brewed stuff.

Although there are LOTS of great waxes out there, if you are having trouble getting exactly the right one, I would not hesitate to try to make your own.

strop

Now half as wise
Firehouse Light, with a little Clubman.

I'm finding that if I just wax the outer ends I get a much more natural appearance to the middle. Still have to wax, though since one end always wants to curl in the wrong direction!

Firehouse Light, with a little Clubman.

I'm finding that if I just wax the outer ends I get a much more natural appearance to the middle. Still have to wax, though since one end always wants to curl in the wrong direction!

You could just act like you're walking into a stong wind. :lol:

Rocking Firehouse Wacky Tacky, but it was rather a mustn'tstache today. I was going to do a wax free day around the house, but I ended up having to go out after all. Waxed up the tips, but instead of curling, they just wanted to point forward. Had to settle on sort of an uneven upward curl after some wrestling.

I've been experimenting with using non traditional, non wax or, Petro based ways to hold my handle bar. I have been doing this for appx. a month now and rotating to see the sweet spot for each product. Today I used Clubman beard balm ! It's like a lotion but as it dries it hardens and has a decent natural hold. Another is beard oils they actually have hold as well. So it's a flip between balms and oils. It's a nice change and I think though have no proof actually helps the mo' grow more freely without being in wax as well as it looks pretty darn good !

strop

Now half as wise
Back to Cowboy Comb today.

Not sure yet if I'll replace this or not. I like tge small tin. It slips in the pocket easily and is great for travel, but I think that I prefer Lockhart's from a performance standpoint.

strop

Now half as wise
Been going au naturel the last few days, but it's just not long enough for the curl to happen by itself, so back to the wax today.

Firehouse with a little Pinaud to finish.

Been going au naturel the last few days, but it's just not long enough for the curl to happen by itself, so back to the wax today.

Firehouse with a little Pinaud to finish.

1st off, your photos are looking great Mark, in fact I think you may be a winner this month:thumbup:

2nd- me: Lockharts, Pinaud Brown, G2bg ultra as cover. Still to warm down here to just use one.

Top Bottom