What's new

Who is this Chuck Norris?

Points fighter? Of course. Doesn't mean he's not the real deal "real" fighters are the guys you see on "Cops" getting sent to prison. There was no "UFC" (which really isn't *real* fighting either) in the 1960's 70's and 80's.
When I was taking Kenpo years ago, this discussion came up there too. Might add that the head instructor was a multiple time world champion martial artist, and some of the other instructors were champion martial artists as well. It was pretty much agreed that Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee, and Jackie Chan were the real deal, but there were a lot of mixed opinions on Steven Seagal. Personally, it is very cool when someone knows their art to a high degree. More like watching a really fast, graceful and deadly dance than a fight.
Chuck Norris isn't a huge guy. That doesn't stop him from being extremely good. He's definitely a lot mellower now than in his younger days though.

John P.

Exactly, just because you "points fight", doesn't make you any less real. In fact, at that level of skill, knowledge and power, it makes you all the more incredible to be able to exert that much speed, power, precision in a CONTROLLED manner

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Chuck Norris?

And while we're at it, who is this Jesus guy I keep hearing about?

I figured such a reply from you. If it wasn't so blasphemous it would be funny. I don't usually get on a soapbox about this, but you asked.

He is God incarnate.
He was without sin and crucified for our sins.
After being dead and entombed for 3 days arose to prove that he alone can conquer death.
Our entire calendar system is based on the year of his birth.
He walks on water
He raises the dead
He calms storms
He commands spirits
One day every knee will bow and declare Jesus as Lord.
Etc.

That's just a sampling. The New Testament says it much better than I am able.

Ah the lovely topic of religion. I thought Jesus was the son of G-d. But what do I know I'm Jewish :lol: Anyhow on this one I will agree to disagree and we can all return to the topic at hand.

I hear Chuck Norris's tears are the cure to cancer. Shame he has never cried.

Fake in that he only fought points never anything "real"

He's a legit bjj black belt under the Machado brothers...you don't advance in bjj without rolling live...not exactly mma rules, but definitely real.

I feel the same way generally about point fighters, but he's got some solid credentials.

He's a legit bjj black belt under the Machado brothers...you don't advance in bjj without rolling live...not exactly mma rules, but definitely real.

I feel the same way generally about point fighters, but he's got some solid credentials.

No, he doesn't have solid credentials

solid credentials have Chuck Norris :biggrin:

Ah the lovely topic of religion. I thought Jesus was the son of G-d. But what do I know I'm Jewish :lol: Anyhow on this one I will agree to disagree and we can all return to the topic at hand.

I hear Chuck Norris's tears are the cure to cancer. Shame he has never cried.

Not me, Aaron...I'm sending Ouch's home address to 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses...

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I figured such a reply from you. If it wasn't so blasphemous it would be funny. I don't usually get on a soapbox about this, but you asked.

He is God incarnate.
After being dead and entombed for 3 days arose to prove that he alone can conquer death.
He walks on water
He raises the dead
He calms storms
He commands spirits
One day every knee will bow and declare Chuck as Lord.
Etc.

Actually, Bruce Lee ...

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Not me, Aaron...I'm sending Ouch's home address to 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses...

Somebody must have beaten you to that, as I've already been visited 145,000 times. I find that answering the door wearing nothing but a snorkle and flippers minimizes the length of the ensuing conversation. :tongue_sm

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd

He is God incarnate.
He walks on water
He raises the dead
He calms storms
He commands spirits
One day every knee will bow and declare Jesus as Lord.
Etc.

That's just a sampling. The New Testament says it much better than I am able.

I'm compiling a list of the funniest people on Earth, in descending order. I have no idea how long the list will ultimately be, but I have you penned in for the final slot.

Thanks all for the answers.
Of course I knew who Chuck Norris is, I just wanted to create a funny thread.
By the way, I made up some Chuck Norris facts.

When you burp, women say " What a jerk! "
When Chuck Norris burps, women say " What a man! "

Chuck Norris can kill two werewolves with one silvertip badger hair.

When Chuck Norris plays the magic flute, the mice deliver roundhouse kicks.

And last and my personal favourite...

When Chuck Norris farts, Ahhh - the whiff of Penhaligon's in the air!

Somebody must have beaten you to that, as I've already been visited 145,000 times. I find that answering the door wearing nothing but a snorkle and flippers minimizes the length of the ensuing conversation. :tongue_sm

I always tell them I'm happy with my current religion, but that I'll give them a call if I decide to shop around.

Thanks all for the answers.
Of course I knew who Chuck Norris is, I just wanted to create a funny thread.
By the way, I made up some Chuck Norris facts.

When you burp, women say " What a jerk! "
When Chuck Norris burps, women say " What a man! "

Chuck Norris can kill two werewolves with one silvertip badger hair.

When Chuck Norris plays the magic flute, the mice deliver roundhouse kicks.

And last and my personal favourite...

When Chuck Norris farts, Ahhh - the whiff of Penhaligon's in the air!

Wrong on one point...when Chuck Norris burps, you get on the phone, call your friends in far-off places, and warn them of the impending change in weather.

I just bought a C&E Best Norris Brush. Made from pure Chuck Norris whiskers. BEAT THAT!!!

So that was you we read about. Has the face healed yet? Don't you know that with the C&E Best Norris, you're supposed to lather with the razor and shave with the brush.

Top Bottom