What's new

Who is this Chuck Norris?

A fake fighter and a movie/tv star, that has some very funny attributes attributed to him.

Fake fighter?????
where do you live? cuz I don't want to be anywhere NEAR there when Chuck finds out!

Yes, TV and movie star, but as a result of phenomenal martial arts skills. He's the real deal. The Chuck Norris has nothing to do with the Chuck Norris facts, except to admitting he's read them and finds a few of them funny.
And he's genuine, admitting at the time of his prime that Bruce Lee was the best he'd ever met.
Getting on in age now, most folks only knowing him from Walker TV series or TotalGym commercials, not really knowing what he was like in his prime. Honestly one of the best. Opinions vary, some folks follow MMA, some follow jiu jitsu or krav maga, it'd kinda be like arguing over which racer is the best, Dale Earnhardt or Al Unser (#3 by long shot :biggrin1:), but they're in two different systems, so it's difficult to compare.

Just remember, when you check the closet tonight and don't see the boogeyman, it's because he's checking his closet for Chuck Norris!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Chuck Norris?

And while we're at it, who is this Jesus guy I keep hearing about?

Chuck Norris?

And while we're at it, who is this Jesus guy I keep hearing about?

I'll tell you about him, Ouch. Late one night, I was driving. I was despondent. My life was falling apart. My family had left me, I was out of money, no place to go, then I blew a tire in a pothole. I had really reached the end of my rope. Just then, I looked up, and in the darkness of that hour, saw a billboard with the words "Call on Jesus" on it, and a number. I was sad, lonely, and without a friend in the world. With the last few minutes on my cell phone, I dialed that number.

Not five minutes later, a Mexican guy pulled up in a tow truck...:lol::lol::lol:

Fake fighter?????
where do you live? cuz I don't want to be anywhere NEAR there when Chuck finds out!

Yes, TV and movie star, but as a result of phenomenal martial arts skills. He's the real deal. The Chuck Norris has nothing to do with the Chuck Norris facts, except to admitting he's read them and finds a few of them funny.
And he's genuine, admitting at the time of his prime that Bruce Lee was the best he'd ever met.
Getting on in age now, most folks only knowing him from Walker TV series or TotalGym commercials, not really knowing what he was like in his prime. Honestly one of the best. Opinions vary, some folks follow MMA, some follow jiu jitsu or krav maga, it'd kinda be like arguing over which racer is the best, Dale Earnhardt or Al Unser (#3 by long shot :biggrin1:), but they're in two different systems, so it's difficult to compare.

Just remember, when you check the closet tonight and don't see the boogeyman, it's because he's checking his closet for Chuck Norris!

Fake in that he only fought points never anything "real"

Chuck Norris has counted to infinity twice.
Chuck Norris can slam a revolving door.
Chuck Norris doesn't need a watch, he decides what time it is.
Chuck Norris plus anything equals one. One roundhouse kick.

That's pretty much all you need to know.

Chuck Norris is dead, Bruce Lee broke his neck in the 70's. Just kidding. Even if he only fought for points, he still won championships. And he did train under Bruce Lee. As long as we're talking about this stuff, Steven Seagal, although a terrible actor, does actually know some martial arts too. I believe he has a black belt in aikido. But neither of them are as awesome as Jackie Chan. That guy is in his 50's, and still doing stuff I can't do now.

Points fighter? Of course. Doesn't mean he's not the real deal "real" fighters are the guys you see on "Cops" getting sent to prison. There was no "UFC" (which really isn't *real* fighting either) in the 1960's 70's and 80's.
When I was taking Kenpo years ago, this discussion came up there too. Might add that the head instructor was a multiple time world champion martial artist, and some of the other instructors were champion martial artists as well. It was pretty much agreed that Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee, and Jackie Chan were the real deal, but there were a lot of mixed opinions on Steven Seagal. Personally, it is very cool when someone knows their art to a high degree. More like watching a really fast, graceful and deadly dance than a fight.
Chuck Norris isn't a huge guy. That doesn't stop him from being extremely good. He's definitely a lot mellower now than in his younger days though.

John P.

Top Bottom