What's new

What are the Mainstays in Your Aftershave/Balm Collection?

I just thought I'd ask you all what always has a place in your post shave collection. For me, it's Virgin Island Bay Rum, Pinaud Clubman, Aqua Velva Ice Blue, Gillette Cool Wave Aftershave Splash, Nivea Sensitive Balm, and Neutrogena Razor Defense Post Shave Lotion.

For me, all of those hold a permanent place in my collection and do their job well. I still have as of yet to pick up a classic bottle of Old Spice, and maybe one of Brut. I just feel like Brut closely resembles Clubman, so it's not pressing for me to procure one.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Well it's permanent until I find something more permanent. For now it's Proraso Liquid Cream, Pinaud Clubman Classic, Fine-American Blend AS, Florida Water AS, anything TOBS, Synergy Cavendish soap and Arko, Palmolive, Speick shave sticks.

For me it's Aqua Velva Ice Blue and Nivea aftershave balm. May try something else just to see.....always try and keep coming back to Aqua Velva.

All I use are the Thayers Witch Hazel aftershave...or the Non-alcohol Cucumber and the Bluebeards ASB. I work in a hospital so I cannot wear fragrances and these wear off very quickly before I arrive at work. Perhaps I should pick up a nice AS for the weekends though.

quick question. Do you guys put on your ASB before or after your AS.....and is this different when using witch hazel as your AS?

I have got a few but my must-haves, always-will-be-replenished aftershaves/balms are:

• Barbasol Pacific Rush - Cheap, intense, mentholated cooling
  • Fine for RazoRock XXX Aftershave - I was not a believer when initially announced, but I promptly bought two more bottles when it became available again
  • Vitos Colonia Classica - Very, very similar to XXX but with a more prominent Italian Citrus note
  • Imperial Barber Bergamot Aftershave - My face seems to "heal" faster and feel great after a splash of this stuff

Next tier:

• Aqua Velva Ice Blue
  • Pinaud Clubman
  • Captain's Choice Bay Rum

I just noticed an 's' on the end of the word 'Yours' in the title that doesn't need to be there. If a mod could remove it, I'd be much obliged. Thank you!:thumbup1:

Gillette sensitive gel has been my mainstay for years. Since I started DE shaving, I've become very attached to Aqua Velva Ice sport followed by Nivea Cool Kick ASB

I have so many different ones, and use them all, that it's hard to choose. But if you held a gun against my temple I'd guess Old Spice and Brut.

My must-haves, always-will-be-replenished aftershaves:
Myrsol F/Extra
Myrsol Blue
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Pinaud Classic
Pinaud Lime Sec
Alt Innsbruck
Spanish Leather
TOBS ETon College

The next tier would include:
Pinaud Musk
Aqua Velva
Pinaud Vanilla

There are many others I have not got around to trying. I am deep into ASAD.

Top Bottom