What's new

What are the Mainstays in Your Aftershave/Balm Collection?

I've been interested in trying out Myrsol and Floid. Are those also classified as old classic scents? Anywhere in the states that I could walk into and see what I think of the scent?
You can check all of these scents out at Merz (now Q Brothers which sits right beside Merz) here in Chicago. Will be going there tomorrow after my haircut to smell some AS and make some purchases.

Musco Real Classic
Proraso Green
Speick
Fine Orange Noir
Baxter

Love the soap commander feel but wish the scents were less strong. Will have to dilute.

Dollar Store Old Spice
Floid Blue
Alt Innsbruck
Dominica Bay Rum Lime
Clubman

Recent acquisition was Fine American Blend which I absolutely love.

Daily: Musgo Real Classic
Close 2nd: Pitralon Classic

Others of mine that get some playtime: AV Ice Blue, Pinaud Clubman, Imperial Bergamot

Coming Soon: Polo Classic Green, Aubrey Organic North Woods

Love woody, pine type scents

Pinaud Clubman is my go-to nearly every day, with Old Spice in a close second place. I'm 51, so these were the classics as far as I can remember and far beyond. They still cannot be beat today IMHO - especially considering their price range being very reasonable.

My mainstay of eShave White Tea balm, for over 10 years, has just been replaced by

"Kyoku for Men Razor Repair Balm," based on great success with another non-shave skin care product from the brand. In both cases, finish up with Polo Double Black EDT.

Aqual Ice Blue followed by Osma Baume. The baume is the bomb!!

I would try a different balm, if someone had a better idea but haven't found one better yet for skin healing/feeling and non greasiness. The Osma is failrly expensive for an ounce and a half @ $24.

Looks like I might very well be adding English Leather to my list of mainstays. I think I'm liking it more this second day. :001_smile

Proraso Green AS
Proraso Pre/Post for a balm
HTGAM Artic Bay Rum (or whatever it's called now)

Still trying stuff out, but I love those three.

Pinaud Clubman (cut w WH), AV Ice Blue (cut w WH), Old Spice (cut w WH), Nivea Balm (sensitive skin), Nivea Splash, Pinaud Bay Rum.

Other than the Nivea, these are pretty strong, and I like to strike the balance between subtle and long-lasting, so I'll usually layer a cologne on top. That's why I decant and mix with WH. The Bay Rum isn't as strong, so I don't cut that.

Last edited:
Canoe aftershave has recently been added. Odd how the aftershave splash didn't smell as much like Clubman as the aftershave does...:001_huh: Either way, I believe that I favor Canoe over Clubman because of the glass bottle, straight from the factory rather than trying to find some bottles to decant it in to from Hobby Lobby (which look really nice, but feel very cheap and thin, which is the only reason I haven't gone that route. I respect those that have).

I also enjoy Adidas Dynamic Pulse. Very nice, modern scent that should work wonderfully in summer. :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Mandom lucido -- my everyday
TdH ASL
AdP ASL

I've tried the fine version of tdH not bad, but not as good as tdH. I've tried many asls.
Many on this list above are just out of my zone..

Top Bottom