What's new

GoPro Thread

Who all has a GoPro?

What are your favorite mounts? Favorite activities to shoot? Let's see your videos!

Well, I'll start... So far I have the handlebar mount (attached to a broom pole) and the Frame for better sound (I don't really do waterspouts). I 'll post a video of some of my fun GoPro times later. Camera is the HERO 3+

Thats awesome, i have wanted a GoPro for some time now but cant justify the cost with the slight amount of usage it will get.

$1 (1).jpg

Gopro Hero Black 3+

12m water depth, Pak Meng, Thailand,

Still shot taken from video. Obviously I use my gopro scuba diving.

Favourite mount? I use a Gopro bobber, hand held. I use a backscatter flip 3.1 colour correction filter and I find the the gopro software quite cumbersome to use. YMMV

Last edited:
Nice one Linedog. I especially enjoyed the octopus at night! Quite a marvellous sight. I have only seen one in daylight and he was in a little cave, didn't want to be in a video.

What accessories do you use/ if any? How do you mount your camera?

Hi Dave, I use a homemade tray with a Hog Morph 1200 lumin flood light. It's a rare dive when I don't see at least one octopus!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I think this might be the thread to ask a quick question about the GoPro
For someone only wanting to do instructional how-to or info videos about B&B stuff would the least expensive GoPro be good? the $129.99.?
It will 99% be used indoors

I have the 3+ silver but still haven't done anything cool with it... Although we have been using it as our main camera while hiking and my wife dropped it about 15 feet down some rocks and into a stream and it was fine.

I think this might be the thread to ask a quick question about the GoPro
For someone only wanting to do instructional how-to or info videos about B&B stuff would the least expensive GoPro be good? the $129.99.?
It will 99% be used indoors

Honestly, I would look at a different camera for that. Yes the GoPro can get wet, but with the camera in the waterproof housing the sound quality would be poor for doing instructional videos.

Santa scraped all his nickels together this year and brought me a Hero 4 Black. I only have the tripod screw mount adapter and a Lowepro case besides what came with it. I haven't had any opportunities for any good videos but I'm making plans. Also a lot of plans for future mounts. High on the list is the NVG mount so I can get some videos on the tank and of my upcoming deployment. Nice thread, I'll post when I get some good videos.

Last edited:
This was a really quickly out together video from just before Christmas on a GoPro 3+ Black. Mostly chest mounted. Ran out of memory before I really got going, though! Will try harder next time.

<a data-cke-saved-href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4ko86adQxw" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4ko86adQxw">

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got 2X Hero 2 Silver and 1 Hero 3 Silver I got each of the Hero2 for 120-150 and the hero3 for $50 with no accessories or case but the Hero2s came with a bunch of stuff at pawn shops. I love the chest mount for most of what I do or the wrist mount.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom