What's new

Wanted: Canadians For Passaround

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are making me jealous :crying:, was looking forward to this box but it had to go MIA. If any of the maritime members want to get something going, I'm sure we could get the logistics ironed out and make it happen.

You guys are making me jealous :crying:, was looking forward to this box but it had to go MIA. If any of the maritime members want to get something going, I'm sure we could get the logistics ironed out and make it happen.

IIRC, someone was sending a bunch of hardware to Roderick, to add to the MIA box. Would be a good place to start! Eh!

Thanks Dane for the link to that thread! Just counted the days from my initial signup to the final signup date and Ill meet the 45 days requirement! Definitely going to try and participate in the Mr. Bingle Present exchange, sounds like a fun time.

Thanks Dane for the link to that thread! Just counted the days from my initial signup to the final signup date and Ill meet the 45 days requirement! Definitely going to try and participate in the Mr. Bingle Present exchange, sounds like a fun time.

Your welcome! Mr Bingle wanted me to get the word out!

I've an idea. Let's keep the same list, same format, but since we have to create a box, we can all send something to Roderick and he'll send it on down the line from there.
Just spit balling here. I don't want this thing to die before it had a chance to live.

Hmm... We could start 2 boxes... One from the GTA and one Lower Mainland. Members all donate to the box in their area and then we swap and begin the rotation. So the east coasters will start with the west coast box and vice versa.

Thoughts?

Hmm... We could start 2 boxes... One from the GTA and one Lower Mainland. Members all donate to the box in their area and then we swap and begin the rotation. So the east coasters will start with the west coast box and vice versa.

Thoughts?
That's not a bad idea. get 2 boxes crossing the country in different directions.

I like the sound of this and would love to be in on it. I like the idea of the possibility to meet the next guy in person maybe share your thoughts on the items and such

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I can say by experience that managing 2 boxes is close to a nightmare in 1 thread. Which box is which, specially if they arrive in the middle at the same home? Considering the volume (number of participants), I would suggest to keep it to 1 box or run this in 2 threads if 2 boxes are really needed and what we want. Those two boxes should be managed independently.

Only my suggestion based on previous experiences.

I can say by experience that managing 2 boxes is close to a nightmare in 1 thread. Which box is which, specially if they arrive in the middle at the same home? Considering the volume (number of participants), I would suggest to keep it to 1 box or run this in 2 threads if 2 boxes are really needed and what we want. Those two boxes should be managed independently.

Only my suggestion based on previous experiences.
Hey Luc! You got the fatboy post. (195)

That and I think you're probably bang on with needing 2 separate threads. As it would be tough to keep track of them both. So how bout we keep this one as the west to east box and one of you easterners can start an east to west box thread.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Hey Luc! You got the fatboy post. (195)

That and I think you're probably bang on with needing 2 separate threads. As it would be tough to keep track of them both. So how bout we keep this one as the west to east box and one of you easterners can start an east to west box thread.

I think the real easy bit will be to have a list done here. Then close this thread and provide the links to the two threads in the first and last post. That way, people can subscribe to both and it will be easier to follow as I suspect that everyone will subscribe to both boxes.

I can take care of the closing of the threads, changing post 1, etc. All the admin stuff no worries.

I don't see it changing much from this

Purplemonkey -Vancouver, BC
well_nuc -Vancouver, BC
jefhunter -Vancouver, BC
NRAM -Maple Ridge, BC
pbnj -Victoria, BC
eljedo -Victoria, BC
Nick_O Fort St. John, BC
Roderick -Grande Prairie, AB
Roughneck12 -AB
arekkusu -Edmonton, AB
alexmc545 -Edmonton, AB
dewbler -Sk
stovepipe699 -MB
Nate1976 -Sudbury, ON
skip -Toronto, ON
i_dont_bite - Toronto, ON
imcndn -Hamilton, ON
Pepin -Niagara Falls, ON
SteveTheCanuck -Oshawa, ON
Starkicker -Ottawa, ON
royal52 -Ottawa, ON
Snidely -Ottawa, ON
dabrock -Ottawa, ON
canphan -Ottawa, ON
Ulricus -ON
rider4life -ON
AceByTerror -ON
doomaise -ON
Comet -Montreal QC
Luc -Montreal, QC
dwsteen -NB
Winchester38 -NS
Azhrei -NS
Khory93 -Dartmouth, NS
froogle_jimmy -NS

Last edited:
I just saw this thread now. Is it too late to get in? I'm in Ottawa. I also have some stuff I'm looking to farm out of my den so if you need some seeding material let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom