What's new

Acquisitions Monday July 24th - Sunday July 30th

A small addition...

My Savile Row travel brush... I'm in love.
Proraso Pre/Post... I'm gonna have a Proraso morning tomorrow!
assorted spray bottles from QED, for Thayer's Lavender & Rose WH.

Now, to get a dopp suitcase for the trip :biggrin:

By the way, I went to Colonial last week and David mentioned that someone on this forum (tho' he could have been confused) from Canada scored 3 brushes... who's the high roller? Out with it! :biggrin:

Cheers,

Josh

misterjoshua said:
...By the way, I went to Colonial last week and David mentioned that someone on this forum (tho' he could have been confused) from Canada scored 3 brushes... who's the high roller? Out with it! :biggrin:

Damn, I only wish that I could say that it was me... The only brushes I've picked up recently were two SR101s that I'll be gifting to 2 (out of 4) groomsmen in my upcoming wedding...

misterjoshua said:
A small addition...

My Savile Row travel brush... I'm in love.
Proraso Pre/Post... I'm gonna have a Proraso morning tomorrow!
assorted spray bottles from QED, for Thayer's Lavender & Rose WH.

Now, to get a dopp suitcase for the trip :biggrin:

By the way, I went to Colonial last week and David mentioned that someone on this forum (tho' he could have been confused) from Canada scored 3 brushes... who's the high roller? Out with it! :biggrin:

Cheers,

Josh

All us Canadians are high rollers :cool:

J/k...

GreenPond.com delivered today...
full

The Arlington is all I hoped it would be! The scent is delightful! And the watch is more of a re-acquisition, as it was off in NJ getting its 10 year service.

Last edited by a moderator:
1950's Ever Ready SE Razor
Provence Sante Shaving Soap
Penhaligon's Douro Shaving Cream
Tesco Blades (finally tracked them down)

Jonnybc said:
How do you like the L.T.Piver Vetiver Brian?

Wearing it for the first time today......6 hrs on and still there!. Definately a Gentleman's Scent. The supplier describes it as:

Steeped in the wooden notes of vetiver ,this resolutely masculine and refined scent subtly conveys absolute distinction.Spiced with sensual patchouli and nutmeg and sharpened with notes of tangy hesperidian apple and lavender,it continues the best of time.

Initial Impressions are favourable

Brian

Order Form sent in to Nationwide Campus for the Injector and Blades.

Ashford.com

T&H West Indies Limes SC Tub
T&H Trafalgar SC Tub
T&H Grafton SC Tub

I was waiting for Vegas in a couple of weeks to pick these up but with free shipping figured I just saved about $15 to $20 off by getting them through Ashford instead of Vegas. That means I can buy more stuff while in Vegas. :wink:

Also picked up a Proraso Pre Post the other day from Target.

A very large box of Swedish (Euro) Gillettes

MiN New York Styling Cream (2 tubs). They also threw in a very large "sample" of their shampoo.

My 100 Derby blades came today. Earlier this week, I also got the Vienna Trombone Quartet CD I had been waiting for, along with my Mario Batali silicone spatula (added to my Amazon shopping cart to bump the total up to "super saver" prices = free shipping).

Yesterday I ordered 2 shave sticks and some Taylor Lavender from Charles at QED. Eagerly awaiting their arrival.

rossination said:
My 100 Derby blades came today. Earlier this week, I also got the Vienna Trombone Quartet CD I had been waiting for, along with my Mario Batali silicone spatula (added to my Amazon shopping cart to bump the total up to "super saver" prices = free shipping).

Yesterday I ordered 2 shave sticks and some Taylor Lavender from Charles at QED. Eagerly awaiting their arrival.

Daniel,

A bit more info on the Trombone Quartet?

Randy (King 3B with F Attachment)

Birds Eye Maple Rakowski Shaving Brush
Wilkinson Dry Shave Deco Razor

Finally got the Deco razor, I ordered it when it was being sold as a safety razor; still, this week I have been experimenting with optimism and decided that it would make a nice addition to my steadily growing collection of razors. Wrong again. The sellers description of the item, including mint condition and never used was a little ambitious, there is a lovely collection of someone elses hair in the case and a charming little colony of various fungi seems to be thriving. Still, I will inevitably leave positive feedback, because me being me I will worry about upsetting the seller. Apologies to all those who rely on others leaving accurate feed back on ebay, but I am a weak willed ***.
The Rakowski brush is alright. There is no glue in the actual knot, although it is visible around the base of the plug. The handle is very nice, but the hair does seem to be very thin, I would question the use of the term silvertip. The loft is fairly densely packed, but at the same time it is very tall, and this in combination with the very fine hairs should make for a very floppy brush. Nice addition to a collection, but I doubt I will use it.

AJS said:
The sellers description of the item, including mint condition and never used were a little ambitious, there is a lovely collection of someone elses hair in the case and a charming little colony of various fungi seems to be thriving.

YUCK! You'd have thought when a seller sels in as new or mint condition they'd clean the thing!

guenron said:
Probably did not wish to touch that nasty stuff!:scared:

If he'd have tried to clean the mould he would have been charged with genocide. The little chaps really are thriving, they have whole cities in the case alone.

Two brushes arrived this week.

Simpsons PL14 Manchurian. Outrageous 145mm. Shown with my Wee Scot, 65mm, for an extreme size comparison.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Vintage Simpsons Keyhole KH1. This one mystifies me. The brush is marked 'best badger'. The knot has a dark, soft, not floppy hair. It's not scrubby either and holds water well. The coloring of the hair is more of a very dark auburn color rather than black.
proxy.php

Hmmm.. Southend of a badger heading north? Hena? Auburn? Must be that hair culled from around the anus that Joel was talking about.:eek:

Top Bottom