What's new

Who is the world's most established, sophisticated hat seller?

Batsakes, is indeed a nice shop, although I must say they can come off as impatient. I bought a 4/8 cap from Borsalino's from them. It was quick and it was dirty. My hat was not the proper size so it was stretched one European size (58 to 59) no real good explanation was given no chance to object was allowed. It works, after a fashion, and there are days I think that it shrunk back to it's original 58, but overall it does satisfy.

Gus is a great story teller, fyi. He's made some hats for some really neat folks, and you never know who may stop in for a shine.

Not knowing anything about the price range or style you are going for I will have to say Art Fawcett at vintagesilouettes.com makes fantastic hats.
Johnny

Last edited:
Check Optimo Hats in Chicago. A modern take on the traditional hat store. I haven't yet visited, but I certainly will when I make it to the Windy City.

Optimo Hats in Chicago are fantastic with prices to match.

Art Fawcett of Vintage Silhouettes.

No modern ready made hat is close to either of these IMO but that kind of quality comes at a price.

I applaud every one of you gents for continuing to wear a proper hat in an age of baseball caps on everyone from nine to ninety.

Sure, my grandfather wore a Mets cap when mowing the lawn or when sailing, but otherwise his Stetson that he wore since FBI Academy was always with him. He took good care of it and had it blocked and cleaned and it always looked sharp.

We'd all do well to follow the example of the men who beat the Nazis and then came home to continue to build America into a superpower. These men had style which was born out of self respect and respect for others. Wearing a hat was a big part of that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom