What's new

First Vintage Razor (Berkeley Shave Selector)

Well I snagged my first vintage razor at a antique shop. $5 for a Berkeley Shave Selector. It's a 3-piece closed comb. Not able to find much info on it and it's definitely not as fancy as most of the other vintage items but the price was right. I have seen the giant Berkeley adjustable around but have come up with nothing on this model. Anyone seen one of these? Thanks.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 102
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 112
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 103
That is an adjustable as well. There is a spring loaded plate in the base plate (or the plate bolted to the baseplate functions as a spring in and of itself, I forget)and the more you tighten the razor according to those markers, the plate in there distorts into a different radius reducing the aggression by changing blade attack angle relative to the bar. It's not an easy razor to find.

Last edited:
That is an adjustable as well. There is a spring loaded plate in the base plate (or the plate bolted to the baseplate functions as a spring in and of itself, I forget)and the more you tighten the razor according to those markers, the plate in there distorts into a different radius reducing the aggression by changing blade attack angle relative to the bar. It's not an easy razor to find.

Very interesting. Here is a picture of the other side of the bottom plate and it has another plate/shim exactly as you described. It's the shiniest part on the razor.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 88
Just need to clean it, disinfect, and will give it a whirl. Will report back on the shave in the near future.

Top Bottom