Thread: Forum help.. I give up

1. Default Forum help.. I give up

How do you activate the quick reply feature? I can't ever seem to make it work. I see where it says "click the quick reply icon" but what the hell is that!?

Images

Like this

On the bottom right hand side of your post is 3 icons Quote-a quill and paper-Top
    Click on the quill and paper then type in the dialog box below the original post

3. Thread Starter

Ahhh!! Thank you. Much better.

Images

The pleasure is mine sir! (I used the quick response for this BTW)

A double thank you... I had never even noticed that middle button.
    -Homer Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. - George Carlin

Images

So that what that button is for? LOL

Images

I don't know if Austin is being funny... but I just realized what you were talking about... Me, slow? Perhaps a little...
    [FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="4"]- NM[SIZE="2"][ichael][/SIZE]MB[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"][URL="http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3596"][SIZE="2"]NMMB's Hall of fame entry[/SIZE][/URL] michael(at)badgerandblade.com[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"]"Economics is both the guardian of rationality and the defender of the poor." - Stennes, Krcmar-Nozic & van Kooten (1998)[/SIZE][/FONT]

Images

If you go down to "Thread Display Options" in "Edit Options" in your User CP, you will see that there are three ways to view threads: "Linear," "Threaded," and "Hybrid." Linear is the default for most, it simply displays posts to a thread chronilogically, be it oldest to newest (most typical) or newest to oldest. Threaded organizes threads so that posts are grouped based on responses to other posts in that thread. For example, if you were to hit the quote button on a post, and reply to it, and you set your preferences to threaded display mode, instead of your post showing up at the bottom, it'd show up threaded below the post you just quoted (a little confusing I know). Hybrid is simply a cross between Linear and Threaded.

Moral of the story, the quick reply box is disabled until you click a post to reply to for the benefit of those who use the threaded mode so that posts stay organized instead of just becoming a mishmash.

-Nick

ETA: At the top of the first post of each thread is a "Display Modes" drop down box where you can easily toggle between the various modes.
    Last edited by Nick; 07-25-2006 at 12:57 AM.

Ah, I get it now. You know, I rnever realised what the button was for. I just pressed the "Post Reply" button.
    Cheers John [SIZE="1"]Ah... You can't beat the cold steel and the badger. All this electrical rubbish, little wheels spinning around all over the place for callow youths and peach fluff, Not for a man's beard. Razor blades for men! I think we'll have this on number 9. If you're going to have a shave have a close one! Tony Hancock, The Bedsitter, 1961.[/SIZE] [URL=http://badgerandblade.com/vb/vbgooglemapme.php?lat=51.35720401156475&lng=0.09587287902832031&zoom=16]My location[/URL]

Ah... And if you activate the threaded (view) mode the middle button dissapears and the quick reply box automagically opens up...
    Markus

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoshi
    How do you activate the quick reply feature? I can't ever seem to make it work. I see where it says "click the quick reply icon" but what the hell is that!?

I don't like that view. I prefer the open view where you can read all previous posts.
    Cheers John [SIZE="1"]Ah... You can't beat the cold steel and the badger. All this electrical rubbish, little wheels spinning around all over the place for callow youths and peach fluff, Not for a man's beard. Razor blades for men! I think we'll have this on number 9. If you're going to have a shave have a close one! Tony Hancock, The Bedsitter, 1961.[/SIZE] [URL=http://badgerandblade.com/vb/vbgooglemapme.php?lat=51.35720401156475&lng=0.09587287902832031&zoom=16]My location[/URL]

Images

thanks nick....

it's clear as mud to me now....i will start to use it more often....
    "BE SURE TO WATCH FOR ME ON THE GRAND OL' OPRY...I AIN'T THERE YET, BUT YOU CAN WATCH FOR ME...

BE SURE TO VISIT THE BARBERSHOP FOR THE LATEST INFO ABOUT NOTHING... ...IT'S HABIT FORMING

FACEBOOK: be a friend

Images

Quote Originally Posted by mark the shoeshine boy
    thanks nick....

it's clear as mud to me now....i will start to use it more often....
    Just remember, a microwave will not brown your meat!
    Best regards,
    Ron
    vita non est vivere sed valere vita est