What's new

Audio Karma - Vintage Audio Discussion

Saw that today and had the same reaction as you [emoji106]

I won't wait in line on RSD as my store probably won't get it anyway....but will hopefully get lucky online somewhere. If not, a black double vinyl release is set for later in the year and I'll be perfectly happy with that one.

It's the only original pressing WS LP missing from my collection. The one and only time I got to see them, it was one of their last shows and they opened with Blue Orchid, so it has a soft spot with me.

Last edited:
I won't wait in line on RSD as my store probably won't get it anyway....but will hopefully get lucky online somewhere. If not, a black double vinyl release is set for later in the year and I'll be perfectly happy with that one.

It's the only original pressing WS LP missing from my collection. The one and only time I got to see them, it was one of their last shows and they opened with Blue Orchid, so it has a soft spot with me.

That's the only one missing from my collection too. I've done RSD line waiting a few years. Last year I didn't since I didn't see much I wanted. This release might just bring me out again this year though.

That's the only one missing from my collection too. I've done RSD line waiting a few years. Last year I didn't since I didn't see much I wanted. This release might just bring me out again this year though.

I stood in line last year with my kids (wife was working) for the Cake LP Box set, but none were to be found. I got lucky with the Cake Pop-up store and got one, so it all worked out.

Weather will play a factor in if I brave the cold and lines again.

I stood in line last year with my kids (wife was working) for the Cake LP Box set, but none were to be found. I got lucky with the Cake Pop-up store and got one, so it all worked out.

Weather will play a factor in if I brave the cold and lines again.

I'm very jealous of that Cake set you've got. Funds were tight last year. Hopefully, I won't have the same problem this year.

Best buy called this morning and said that my turntable had been approved for exchange, it's been a month but I went today and got a new one. Put some zeppelin on tonight and man does it sound sweet...

A little lunch time listening...

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425585158.850046.jpg

I got super lucky, I found these two gems at two different stores on the same day.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425605773.385649.jpg

They are in really great shape, a little crackle but no major scratches or skips.

Very nice scores. Any Ray Charles is good Ray Charles. But that set is awesome.

I know these two are on the Rolling Stones must own vinyl list. I like Ray anyway so I found that out after I bought them.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425606661.670358.jpg

The sleeve is screwed but the record sounds perfect. It fits tonight...

I pride myself on the fact that I haven't paid over $5 for any of my records
You can't bear that and it's not something I can say. The majority of my collection was from giveaways (friends and family), thrift stores too. But a lot of bands I listen to, are still putting out vinyl. Most of it is stuff from before my time and it's remastered or expanded etc.

A bought quite a bit before it took a resurgence years ago and supported the local record store, buying used, new and special order. They grade the used ones , inner sleeves and poly outters. Plus they offer multiple vinyl listening stations in store. They regularly have in store bands, promos and do a nice job of keeping vinyl alive in Winnipeg.

I do like hitting up the GoodWill stores and Salvation Army. We also had a very good used CD store that would sell vinyl for $2.99 and doubles for $3.99. I took home a lot of gems from there.

Last edited:
The Salvation Army stores in St. Louis are worthless for vinyl. Nothing but scratched up big band and gospel records - two genres that just don't interest me in the slightest. My used vinyl focus is primarily geared towards 80s music. I was born in 77 and I grew up listening to that stuff. I have a nostalgic fondness for it that disregards the actual quality of the music.

Everything I've bought came from Craigslist or antique stores. We have pretty good vinyl selections at antique stores here.

Everything I've bought came from Craigslist or antique stores. We have pretty good vinyl selections at antique stores here.
I got a ton from a lady at work, I mean a couple hundred from the 70s and 80s. And have a huge box at my in-laws place to pick up.

I'm actually running out of room to store it

Picked this gem up today

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426477563.851805.jpg

Sounds great and it's one of my favorite Aerosmith albums. It even brought a bit of nostalgia to the clerk when I checked out.

This 3LP showed up today. It was from RSD a few years ago and I never could justify the price.

When an Amazon vendor had the numbered version for $25 shipped, I pounced on it.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1427147170021.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1427147170021.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 51
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1427147221144.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1427147221144.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 51
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1427147277011.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1427147277011.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 51
As much as it pains me to stay home, RSD is garbage these past few years. Everything is already on eBay selling for 2-5x the price and when you go to the store, they have squat.

The only one I was really after was The White Stipes - GBMS, but they'll be releasing it on Black Vinyl later in the year. Black Vinyl is usually more consistent and maybe they'll have worked out any kinks or complaints with sound on the second pressing....if there is any issues.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom