What's new

Anyone sporting Pompadours on here

I have worn a pomp now for about six years. It seems like alot of the people on this board would be into this traditional american style. There are lots of different ways to rock greasy hair and a number of different greases to use.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

OH MY GOD ANOTHER PUNK ON B&B!!! dude the pomp looks amazing, ive got about an 8 inch tall green mohawk right now but i think im gonna go with a pomp soon so i can get a job, could you give me some tips on how to style it?

My hair could probably do it but I could never carry it off. There's a guy here in town who wears one and he looks very sharp. I suspect he's quite conscientious about it because his hair and sideburns are always well maintained.

I rocked a pomp for about 4 years.
Dax green is evil, evil stuff, I'm sure it's contributed to my thinning hair these days (I'm 25).
Towards the end of my pomp days I just ended up just using copious ammounts of hairspray and a blowdryer. Not as re-stylable as the grease, but kinder to my hats.

I just got my hair cut on Tuesday, so it doesn't get as much height as it sometimes does. Also, I left my Pomade at school (in Troy, NY, strangely enough (I see you're in Albany)), so all I have here is Vitalis.

Hah! I'm 45 and could still easily comb my hair that way. In fact, I wore a basic version of this hair cut for about 20 years. No grease needed to keep it back though. It was cut fairly short and layered straight back. I have enough body in my hair to keep it styled without any holding agent. Being blond haired, adding that much grease would have simply made my hair look filthy. It really works well for you though. I now wear my hair kind of like George Clooney's with that short tossled(for lack of a better description) look though I have a more "pointed" hairline that his. One thing you younger chaps have working for you is the thinner facial features. I have always been more square faced and have a size 7-1/2 noggin. Now that I am a bit broader than in my youth:lol:, the newer style is much more flattering to my features. Anyway, neat pomp and gotta love those Elvis Presley mutton chops!

Regards, Todd

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I rock the Pompadore

Using Murrays Pomade and Layrite Pomade right now. GOOD STUFF

OldSaw

The wife's investment
My dad taught me how to comb my hair like that when I was a boy. I remember he used Score hair gel that came in a tube. I quit using it when I started first grade, since non of the other boys were, plus it reduced the time it took to get ready for school.

Top Bottom