What's new

Close call with Tabac

This is a silly post, but having heard all of the warnings about slippery Tabac bowls...

Last night when lathering up I had a very close call...the soap got on my hands while loading the brush...the bowl slipped out of my hands...I was able to hit it in mid air so it landed on the sink (only fell a few inches and didn't break), then the bowl starts rolling across the sink counter towards the edge (memories of the post about the shattered bowl cutting someone's foot)...I scramble for it in slow motion, but my slippery hands just send the bowl rolling faster...until finally I dug my fingernails into the soap itself. I literally caught the bowl as it was almost halfway over the edge of the sink counter.

So...be careful with your precious Tabac bowl, fellers.

I set my Tabac ceramic bowl on a towel on the counter and lather without holding the bowl up. The towel keeps it from moving or marking the counter and I don't have to worry about dropping it that way.

Does anyone use the bowl for soap other than Tabac?

To quote an old friend of mine from Mississippi out of context, Tabac soap is "slicker than an owl-**** rabbit wearing snot shoes."

That's SLICK, bud.

That's quite the terrifying picture, Michael. I too have had close encounters with losing my favorite, my sweetie, my...precious.

I make sure that I'm actually sitting down when lathering Tabac, no lie. I need to brace it against something while still being held in my hand in order for me to feel more "secure" about it :lol:.

This is a silly post, but having heard all of the warnings about slippery Tabac bowls...

Last night when lathering up I had a very close call...the soap got on my hands while loading the brush...the bowl slipped out of my hands...I was able to hit it in mid air so it landed on the sink (only fell a few inches and didn't break), then the bowl starts rolling across the sink counter towards the edge (memories of the post about the shattered bowl cutting someone's foot)...I scramble for it in slow motion, but my slippery hands just send the bowl rolling faster...until finally I dug my fingernails into the soap itself. I literally caught the bowl as it was almost halfway over the edge of the sink counter.

So...be careful with your precious Tabac bowl, fellers.

this reminds me of a story my dad told me involving him waking from a stoned daze and catching a bong right before it tipped over... from what ive heard he partied hard back in his day.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
this reminds me of a story my dad told me involving him waking from a stoned daze and catching a bong right before it tipped over... from what ive heard he partied hard back in his day.

"Son, whatever you do.... don't tip the bong.... and call your Mother ok?...She worries about you...."

To quote an old friend of mine from Mississippi out of context, Tabac soap is "slicker than an owl-**** rabbit wearing snot shoes."

That's SLICK, bud.

You should just stick this in the Tabac reviews section, no pic, no ratings. This is all any one needs to know about Tabac.

I set my Tabac ceramic bowl on a towel on the counter and lather without holding the bowl up. The towel keeps it from moving or marking the counter and I don't have to worry about dropping it that way.
After one use this is my Tabac method now too!

-M

Which is exactly why I have my tabac in a 25c tupperware tub from the $1 store.

I got 4 or 5 triple mill soaps in trade that were grated into glass anchor hocking bowls. I like them, but I worry about broken glass every time I use them.

Top Bottom