What's new

Which cartridge razor/disposable razor did you use today and how many shaves?

Gillette ProGlide, half on a power handle, half on a FlexBall handle. I'm not sure how many shaves it has on it. Probably close to 40.

Planned for 01 June: Tough Blade Razor 6th shave on the 1st Cartridge

$IMG_0042.jpg

That's my next planned endurance test once I finish with my current Mach 3 endurance test.

Honestly Lane, I think you are going to be in for the long haul, it is my 6th shave and I think my Son has done about 10 on this cartridge as well. This thing is truly living up to the hype they give it in the commercials. I am very impressed with this particular razor. It outperforms everything I have ever used in the cartridge arena, including the Mach 3 which was my Favorite until I spring the 18 bucks for this thing.:thumbup: That and it really has some good weight and balance to it as well:thumbup:

Honestly Lane, I think you are going to be in for the long haul, it is my 6th shave and I think my Son has done about 10 on this cartridge as well. This thing is truly living up to the hype they give it in the commercials. I am very impressed with this particular razor. It outperforms everything I have ever used in the cartridge arena, including the Mach 3 which was my Favorite until I spring the 18 bucks for this thing.:thumbup: That and it really has some good weight and balance to it as well:thumbup:

Looks like razor from feintechnik, I have their 2 blade cart razor terrible.

Looks like razor from feintechnik, I have their 2 blade cart razor terrible.

Well this one is supposedly made in Germany so I doubt it is the same brand, it has three blades. I myself have never been much of a fan of two blade razors to be honest. They never do the job well at all for me. This one however is definitely the most comfortable cartridge razor I have used to date. I have not gotten razor burn or ingrown hairs using this one yet.

feintechnik is suplier of harry's in USA IIRC someone has mentioned here, but feintechnik challenger is in my opinion almost the same quality as mach 3 but sharper. OI found look alike razor like yours https://www.feintechnik.com/products/5
Does it have metal or plastic handle, challenger had combination of both metal and plastic

Mach 3, 33rd shave. Lubrastrip is still existent, only 2 more shaves for my goal, but as things are now it looks it will last forever. I've have to mention I do not use denim or any other similar thing I just dry it after a use

Today morning shave was strange, I was in a big hurry so I used canned foam and my mach on 34th shave. I did one pass only going wtg and it was the far best shave in last 30 days. Not even my DE can accomplish this. Going with hand against the grain it seems so smooth, nice silky. :blink: This was devil's work, he wants me to use cartridge :angry:

Today morning shave was strange, I was in a big hurry so I used canned foam and my mach on 34th shave. I did one pass only going wtg and it was the far best shave in last 30 days. Not even my DE can accomplish this. Going with hand against the grain it seems so smooth, nice silky. :blink: This was devil's work, he wants me to use cartridge :angry:

Very nice!

I am up to 73 shaves on my Mach 3 cart but became derailed late last week by the arrival of a new DE razor (ATT R1). Once my initial infatuation with it settles a bit I intend to return to testing my cart.

There are mornings when if in a huge hurry to get out the door to work the cart is a good choice.

There are just too many good razors and not enough days in the year :)

I am up to 73 shaves on my Mach 3 cart but became derailed late last week by the arrival of a new DE razor (ATT R1). Once my initial infatuation with it settles a bit I intend to return to testing my cart.

There are mornings when if in a huge hurry to get out the door to work the cart is a good choice.

There are just too many good razors and not enough days in the year :)

Have to agree with the last statement.
Apparently indian gillette wilkinson is durable, I should make a test with it after I finish with cart. And new DE razor is always fun

Last edited:
Have to agree with the last statement.
Apparently indian gillette wilkinson is durable, I should make a test with it after I finish with cart. And new DE razor is always fun

Yes the DE was quite an adventure.

I believe after using it this morning though, it's probably not the best choice for me to use when I'm trying to shave with one eye open at 4:15 am on a work morning.

Don't ask me how because I don't even know how, but I managed to get a tiny little slice on my left hand middle finger (I'm right handed). I obviously contacted the blade somehow but don't remember doing it and never felt it but at some point saw blood on my finger in the mirror.

Yes, I believe it's time to return to Mach 3 endurance testing :)

Yes the DE was quite an adventure.

I believe after using it this morning though, it's probably not the best choice for me to use when I'm trying to shave with one eye open at 4:15 am on a work morning.

Don't ask me how because I don't even know how, but I managed to get a tiny little slice on my left hand middle finger (I'm right handed). I obviously contacted the blade somehow but don't remember doing it and never felt it but at some point saw blood on my finger in the mirror.

Yes, I believe it's time to return to Mach 3 endurance testing :)

slicing my fingers is normal thing since I've started shaving with DE, not on regular basis but it happens from time to time.

My DE morning routine is quite fast, I do like DE shaves and that 33rd shave was more exception than a rule, for example today's 34th shave was terrible but that was because I really did not wanted to pay attention to shaving so it was more or less a decent shave, and I had left spots because I just rinsed of left lather.

My early DE morning routine goes like this, before I go showering I put the brush in the water to soak it, when I'm done showering I have my face and brush prepared, I make lather on my face and 2 wtg passes with DE, it gives me slightly better shaves than cartridge and usually takes about 7 minutes

Mach 3 (1)....picked this razor up on a whim last night after reading Bookie's experience with it. Used one about 25 years ago. Shaves fantastic and doesn't clog at all which is awesome.

Mach 3 (1)....picked this razor up on a whim last night after reading Bookie's experience with it. Used one about 25 years ago. Shaves fantastic and doesn't clog at all which is awesome.

well it depends on how you shave, but it really is razor for people who do not want to experiment. And tha's almost 95% of male population around the world

Top Bottom