What's new

Which cartridge razor/disposable razor did you use today and how many shaves?

I haven't used one in a long time as I prefer the Sensor Excel. When I did use the M3, I ignored the indicator and went by the feel. For me that was about seven shaves.

I never used the Sensor Excel. I stayed faithful to the original Trac / Atra carts. The Sensor looked like overkill at the time, and probably still is.

I realise that it probably would be a basic cartridge nowadays ... which shows how far away the industry has gotten from the beautifully simple Trac II / G2.

I never used the Sensor Excel. I stayed faithful to the original Trac / Atra carts. The Sensor looked like overkill at the time, and probably still is.

I realise that it probably would be a basic cartridge nowadays ... which shows how far away the industry has gotten from the beautifully simple Trac II / G2.
The Trac II is good too and it's currently my main travel razor.

Just to keep the thread from getting too far off track, today's shave was a cart-only shave with a Sensor Excel and L'Occitane Cade soap followed by a splash of witch hazel and L'Occitane Cade ASB.

Last edited:
Dorco Pace 6 (9 shaves so far).

Yes I borrowed the picture from ebay.

$Dorco Pace 6 1.JPG

I don't know yet because I have only finished the 10th shave today with the Dorco and I am still testing it to find out how long it will last. This razor rinses easily and it hasn't clogged up on me yet (I rinse every second stroke through the top of the head). It will be interesting to see if this razor lasts as long as the Schick Hydro 5 and Gillette Fursion Proglide.

how does that Dorco compare to the Schick Hydro?

I haven't used a cartridge razor on my face since 2011, but i still use a fusion to shave the back of my neck. I've used one of those since then, and haven't had to change the blade yet.

i get a lot of shaves from the fusion cart but saw them selling for about $4 apiece yesterday. that is crazy.

last few days I went from straight and de to fusion proglide power. with a muhle handle. I tried it before and hated it. now it grew on me. it has two things going for it. the shave is effortless. the blades don't seem like blades at all. it just glides over my face. hence, proglide? I can't even feel it touching me. no straight or de can do that afaik. plus go figure these carts last much longer than the big g's cheaper variety.

Just about the only time I ever pick up a razor with more than one edge ready to shave with (at a time -- a DE back side is just resting when you use its front side), is for cleanup purposes, or shaving by feel in the shower. A couple of days ago, I ended up with some invisible, not weeping, ouchies that didn't bother me until several hours later.

I skipped a day and chose a mild mannered Schick Easy Rider, but it was far too mild, and left me only about halfway to a clean shave. I ended up using my sensor for pretty much a full pass today. Technically speaking, that would be a half part of its first shave on that cartridge.

Wilkinson Sword Magnum M5 (in USA and elsewhere it is Personna Magnum M5) 5 blade cartridge razor (1 shave - nick nick here nick nick there and a few bleeders too - not using again).

Top Bottom