What's new

L'Occitane just announced a CADE edt.

Disappointed in the scent of the EdT. It really doesn't remind me at all of the shave soap. More generic cologne scent.

The pebble soap included in the gift set smells similar to the shave soap and shower gel.

Disappointed in the scent of the EdT. It really doesn't remind me at all of the shave soap. More generic cologne scent.

That's disappointing, but not surprising. I find the L'Occitane fragrances to be pretty poorly formulated, in general. The original Cade a/s splash was an exception.

Just tested this at my local. Nothing like the shave soap at all. No juniper note in there to speak of. It's top notes of wood, there's cardamom that comes up for a while or some other spice much like the eau des baux, then a wood base again. Just a preliminary observation though.

It's strange, it's like smelling the eau de vetyver, then the eau des baux, then the vetyver again. Seems like they just mixed those two old fragrances and called it cade. Not exactly but that's the impression I get.

It's not a bad fragrance but I wish they would just take the fragrance of the soap and put it in a bottle already.

Last edited:
I ordered this from L'Occitane, and today I find a thing on my door from Fedex saying I needed to sign for it because the package "contains dangerous goods." Ugh. I know they mean the alcohol, but this is stupid. I hate Fedex. USPS and UPS never do this crap.

Well, after finally wresting my "dangerous goods" package from Fedex's clutches, I sampled my blind-buy of Cade today.

I like it. It's really well done. They've managed to make it woody, spicy, and soapy-clean at the same time. It's a nice masculine scent. Some of the frag heads might find it linear and boring but I like it for its simplicity. The drydown smells similar to the AS splash.

Last edited:
I stopped at a L'Occataine shop on Bloor St. in Toronto to try the Cade Edt out, it's nice but I wasn't motivated to buy a bottle right there and then.

I purchased a bottle of it last month and I really enjoy it. It's similar to their Vettiver, which I love, but it's a little sweater in my opinion.

Now they need to make a L'Occitan shave soap.

Not sure I follow you here, do you mean a signature L'Occitane soap? I think they had one but they discontinued it. If you mean a soap they do have Cade right now, which is an amazing soap.

Not sure I follow you here, do you mean a signature L'Occitane soap? I think they had one but they discontinued it. If you mean a soap they do have Cade right now, which is an amazing soap.
I meant I wish they made a shave soap in the L'Occitan scent. The Cade shave soap is one of my favorites but I prefer the L'Occitan scent to the Cade scent. If they had one and discontinued it, it must have been before I started using shave soaps.

I meant I wish they made a shave soap in the L'Occitan scent. The Cade shave soap is one of my favorites but I prefer the L'Occitan scent to the Cade scent. If they had one and discontinued it, it must have been before I started using shave soaps.

I'm not sure the details and it may have just been a cream but I thought I heard they had the soap as well. The L'Occitane signature scent is very nice but I prefer Cade. I would actually love a Vettiver soap since they really do a good job on that fragrance.

I prefer the L'Occitan scent as well. Cade is nice and I love the soap, but a L'Occitan would be great. Maybe as David said, they have one but not at any of my local stores.

Just tested this at my local. Nothing like the shave soap at all. No juniper note in there to speak of.

That's weird, because the juniper note is the first thing I smelled (without having looked at the notes online, or ever having smelled the soap). But everyone's nose is different :)

I quite liked it on paper, but right now I prefer Eau des Baux and L'Occitan. I'll definitely try it on my skin next time I go to the store (which might take a while ...).

I saw it today but I was more interested in the wood handled, synth Plison brush they had. Looks pretty good.

I was in Minnesota for a conference and went to mall of America. Came home with both the brush and the shaving soap. LOVE the soap. The brush is nice, but not as firm as my VDH badger. Love the handle though.

Joel

I was in Minnesota for a conference and went to mall of America. Came home with both the brush and the shaving soap. LOVE the soap. The brush is nice, but not as firm as my VDH badger. Love the handle though.

Joel

It's a very soft brush but does pick up a surprising amount of soap since it has some good spring to it. For soaps that love water I find synth brushes to be rather lacking in performance but for most soaps and creams they work exceptionally well.

Top Bottom