What's new

Photobucket linking and image quality fix

So I did a little digging around, after seeing Photobucket hack and destroy many good photos by over compressing them in links for web viewing.

Here's how to display the original size photo in your link (larger than 1024x768)

Two ways, you can change it so all photos display in links at original uploaded size or you can add a modifier to the link string for each photo.

To change all links displayed here's how:

1. Go to the upload page (big orange rectangle that says upload)
2. Click on the settings icon (little gear icon)
3. Click the option Display my photos in their original sizes
4. Click Save

This will amend your link code to display the original size!

But, if you want only some photos to display in their original size you will have to amend the code yourself.

After pasting your image link code into the forum, immediately after the .jpg at the end of the link add the following before the closing [/img] with no spaces ~original This will show that image in its original size as uploaded!

Hope that helps some of you, who like me have been getting annoyed at photobucket for ruining our images! I now have a flickr account as well, but it isn't very easy to post photos from and also per their rules you have to post the link back to your photo stream or they can stop your account!

-Xander

Here's an example, if you quote this post you can see the link strings...

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom