What's new

Alum Block

Does anyone know of any stores in larger cities (Charlotte, NC for example) that sell alum blocks, or a website that sells them at reasonable cost? All the ones I've seen are $15-20 online.

Thanks

Tulumba.com sells them so cheaply, you may as well buy 4 that even with shipping won't run you more than $8-9. you might want to pick up some shave sticks while there also-RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

Marty

Surely there's a grocery co-op in Charlotte? If not, there must be a Whole Foods or something similar. They will have it--look for the "crystal" deodorant blocks with the other hippie stuff. Look at the ingredients and find one that says Potassium (or potash) alum. Then pick up a tube or two of KMF or Tom's while you're there.

We have a Trader Joe's, but no Whole Foods. I'm not sure what you mean by a grocery co-op.

OK, I went to Harris-Teeter tonight and got a stick of crystal deodorant (which is a twist-stick of alum). It was $6, which I think is a little expensive, but better than paying that much for shipping.

GNC (General Nutrition Center)

sells a Potassium alum/with aloe stick that looks like deoderant.

I use it on my face, adn it travels well.

AWESOME!

GNC (General Nutrition Center)

sells a Potassium alum/with aloe stick that looks like deoderant.

I use it on my face, adn it travels well.

AWESOME!
The Vitamin Shoppe carries these as well, I believe they have the 3oz potassium alum (as opposed to ammonium) for a buck less than GNC.

Top Bottom