What's new

Any exclusive drinkers of ice coffee?

Perhaps it is due to living in Phoenix or an oddity of mine, but I dont like my coffee hot as it makes me sweat...always drink it ice cold...anyone else or am I on an island?

Same here. Cafe Shakerato style. Even during a Minnesota winter. Nothing wrong with that at all! I cold brew exclusively and it tastes wonderful.

Bout the only time I drink "ice" coffee is when I let my cup set and the coffee in it gets cold. :yesnod:

I drink an iced coffee/cold brew every day. Every once in awhile when I go to a restaurant I have a hot coffee. I just love the iced coffee with a bit of cream. For some reason, I get sweaty from hot coffee.

In the summer months with a shot of this.

I'll see that and raise you a shot of this......

proxy.php

Only drink my coffee iced light with cream no sugar....have for years. Imnfrom new England. During the dead of winter..you get some looks
$shoveling-snow-in-blizzard-o.gif

I think I'll be joining the iced coffee bandwagon for the summer. The rising temps and humidity hasn't really ever bothered me, but it has the last couple weeks-- think I'm getting old and out of shape, haha.

Since it's warmed up, I've been doing either a Japanese iced coffee or "Lorenzo Perkins" style cold brew.

only during the summer and just a few times then. Oddly enough, drinking ice coffee is the only time I like coffee with a bit of milk and sugar.

-jim

I drink iced coffee seasonally. Started a few weeks ago and will continue until it is cool out again. Drink hot coffee during the cooler months. Repeat annually :thumbup:

I think I'll be joining the iced coffee bandwagon for the summer. The rising temps and humidity hasn't really ever bothered me, but it has the last couple weeks-- think I'm getting old and out of shape, haha.

Since it's warmed up, I've been doing either a Japanese iced coffee or "Lorenzo Perkins" style cold brew.
What is japanese iced coffee?

What is japanese iced coffee?

It's where you brew directly on ice. Subtract 50% of your water from your typical brew and replace it with ice. So essentially, you're brewing a heavily concentrated coffee that will water itself down when it hits the ice. The idea is that you get all the flavors out of your coffee that only hot water can extract, but with the benefit of being able to drink it cold. This is in contrast to a cold brew where only some of the flavors can be extracted or a regular coffee that is then iced, which would make a watery cup.

Good video here: http://vimeo.com/41298356

It's where you brew directly on ice. Subtract 50% of your water from your typical brew and replace it with ice. So essentially, you're brewing a heavily concentrated coffee that will water itself down when it hits the ice. The idea is that you get all the flavors out of your coffee that only hot water can extract, but with the benefit of being able to drink it cold. This is in contrast to a cold brew where only some of the flavors can be extracted or a regular coffee that is then iced, which would make a watery cup.

Good video here: http://vimeo.com/41298356
I sometimes do this with my keurig...just not as detailed as his

I also fall into the year round iced coffee crowd and I also grew up in Phx so maybe there is a correlation. I have a number of methods and contraptions including a japanese melita iced coffee pot that has a separate cylinder for the ice. Currently I use a bruer iced coffee pot and find that it makes a great tasting iced coffee even if it doesn't brew a lot at one time. Ill post a review as I didnt see one when I searched.

I throw a couple of glasses into the ice box during the hot months. Brew, add fufu (cream, sweetner, whathaveyou), stir, refrigerate.

Top Bottom