What's new

Mays Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Monthly Haul for May, 2014
Just had to stop today at a little Antique / Grocery Store.
NOS English Leather, Avon Shaving Brush Cologne full (Wild Country), Old Spice Canadian #1 Mug, Simms #55 Brush (Synthetic Bristle), Ever Ready 1912???, Vintage Williams Mug Soap.
$20140508_130846.jpg

The razor had a price tag of 19.95, the old spice mug was 12.95, the Avon Brush was 9.95 and no price on the English Leather and the Brush. Got all of it for $30.00 even

Another month, another purchase! I had to have the classic Pinaud Clubman added to my aftershave collection. That puts me at
four (AoS Sandalwood, Eton College, AV Blue, Clubman) - a nice rotation for the mornings.

Crystal whiskey set, & an extra set of tumblers with vintage Cointreau print on the bottom of the glasses.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 576
May started off with a bang:

Brushes:
Simpson Chubby 2 Super 3-band
Plisson Horn 12 High Mountain White
Plisson Tortoise 12 High Mountain White

Soaps:
Yardley - new
Yardley - 5 uses
Strop Shoppe - Baker Street w/ Tallow
Strop Shoppe - Barbershop w/ Tallow
Strop Shoppe - 1887 w/ Tallow
Penhaligon - English Fern w/ tallow
Penhaligon - Blenheim Bouquet w/ tallow
Houbigant - Fougere Royale

proxy.php

proxy.php

And a BIG E-High Five to Strop Shoppe for coming through on my crazy request. A picture of a penguin riding a unicycle while juggling t-rexs.

proxy.php

Last edited:
I hadn't been to the antique shops lately so, I decided to swing by. One guy had put this away for me. An Old Spice box (missing top) with an Old Spice Friendship mug (my first Old Spice mug!), a last year N2 Slim, and a Strong Set Brush.

May started off with a bang:

Me too, my friend...although not as cool as yours. (Those SS soaps are great. Can't wait to try the Penhaligon's.)

Here are my acquisitions:

$IMAG0507.jpg

Marvis Strong Mint Toothpaste
Thayer's Lavender Witch Hazel
Stirling Boar Brush
Stirling Bath Soaps (Tuscany, Almond Cream, Padre Island)
Stirling Shave Soaps (Sharp Dressed Man, Margaritas in the Arctic)
PannaCrema Namaste
RazoRock King of the Castle Lavender hard shave soap

Been on a bit of a spree. Bought a bunch in March and April, but was following not participating on the board. In May so far I've gotten Osage rub, cella, 100 Ladas, 100 Nacet, Valobra, and English Leather. Also pilfered some Aqua Velva Musk from my father. He'll never know.

Hit the antique fair this morning, scored a 1960 Gillette Fat Boy for 10 bucks and a 1920 Gillette long comb NEW ball end handle for 5 bucks. Been wanting a Fat Boy so im very happy, especially for that price (CDN too lol) and its in really great condition with the case.
$20140511_103009.jpg$20140511_103206.jpg

Here's my haul so far this month.
$IMG_20140511_184934_977.jpg
Henckels Rapide Razor. All the blades and razor are in pristine condition. No strop though.
English Leather Lime.Full
English Leather Timber Line. Full
English Leather Wind Drift x2. One is half full. One has a lenticular label on the box and bottle plus an insert describing the EL line.
Limited edition OS bottle from 98.
Various Jovan gift bottles all full.
English Leather Cologne. Full. All of the EL's are colognes.
Brut by Faberge with the metal name plate. 3/4 full.
A travel bar of Aramis soap still sealed in a case.
Old Shulton Old Spice bottles. Empty.
English Leather Gift set. Empty bottles. Nice wooden boxes though.
Jade East. Pure stink this one.

Not a bad haul for 25 bucks total. The colognes etc were all in a box for 4 dollars. Really digging the scents of the English Leather. All of those are from when MEM was making them. There was also a bottle of British Sterling. That stuff was bad.

Just got this in today:

$WP_20140516_001.jpg

A 22mm Whipped Dog Silver tip in a butterscotch handle.
Can't wait to try it out!

(sorry for the awful quality)

A friend of mine went to a knife show --- brought me back this fine collection of WR Case and Sons straights. I was wowed with the diversity of blades and handles. My favorite is the green one in the lower right corner. It doesn't show well, but it has a pearlescent-type sheen with shades of blue, brown, and pink. Several of the spines have some working and 3 have 'tested XX' on the spines. They are almost too pretty to use :w00t:

ALMOST...

$photo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom