What's new

Mays Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty happy with today's finds. A K3 Slim Adjustable, a tuck of Old Gillette blades, an old pair of Bonsa clippers, a pair of well used barber's scissors, and my favourite item, an old wood-handled Rubberset brush.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 337
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 337
This weeks haul...
66 L1 Gillette Slim Adjustable
Black FaTip Grande (PIF from Laird)
Clubman Pinaud
3 pucks Williams
2 pucks Ogallala Bay Rum
200 Astra SPs
15 Gillette 7 O'clock Blacks
Surrey Stutz-Bearcat Mug
Surrey Boar Brush
Omega 10777 Boar Brush
View attachment 449440

Walked down to the shopping mall yesterday, more to kill some time. Picked up these from a chemist store. Cost me R$4 each, so a couple of US or just under 3 euro for the lot!

Not going to use (even try) them yet, I'm working through a few creams and soaps which are opened and I'm determined to finish first of all.

A spectacular week - yesterday the postie brought a scalloped head Kirby Beard, today a Leresche 77. The Leresche is a bit knackered but still interesting.

Legion

Staff member
Picked this up today. I'm not supposed to be buying any more shaving stuff, but the loophole is I can if I find it in the wild at a good price. Well, this wasn't really that well priced, but I haven't found anything in the wild for a while, so...

Christopher Johnson, Sheffield. I mainly bought it because I like the bone scales.

proxy.php

Picked this up today. I'm not supposed to be buying any more shaving stuff, but the loophole is I can if I find it in the wild at a good price. Well, this wasn't really that well priced, but I haven't found anything in the wild for a while, so...

Christopher Johnson, Sheffield. I mainly bought it because I like the bone scales.

proxy.php

Can't say I blame you. That's not something you see every day.

Just simply outgrew my old Secretarial that I kept my gear in. So I found this cabinet in the Martha Stewart Living collection .
Overall it's 42 wide X 28 deep and 3 ft tall. 8 drawers.
Four drawers are 24 X 36 and 2 " deep. They hold around 130 straights each. Two drawers are 17 X 24 and 3 3/4 deep and two drawers 17 X 24 and 5 inches deep.
I can really pack the den in this piece and have it all easily accessible. I lined the drawers with dark green felt for the razors etc. to lay on. Oh this is so nice to have with everything at your fingertips.

It's a big freakin' cabinet. About the size of a 6 burner stove. I love it. And it's getting full already. But I'm already planning sliding trays to have two levels of razors in the bigger drawers.

Excuse the mess around it as I almost had to build it in place as it weighs approx. 230 Lbs. I had to remove some other stuff to make room. Now clean up all that other stuff.

Attachments

• $IMG_8144.jpg
    $IMG_8144.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 186
Picked up a mid-50's (unsure what year, until I clean it) Flare-tip today.

Edit: Looks like a B4, so 1956.

$Flaretip.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up a new brush and DE. Check it out! Now all I need is the new iKon slant coming out in JUNE!

#still looking for a silvertip two band Chubby 3

$photo (12).jpg

Last edited:
Picked up my second razor ever, and I didn't mean to. Was looking in antiques stores with my wife and mom. Saw a '73 black superspeed and passed on it because it looked a little worse for wear. My mom knew I was looking for DEs and bought it for me as a gift. I was a little bummed because I didn't think I could do anything with it. Cleaned it up with tips from the site, and while the playing is scratched up, it works beautifully. Had my best shave ever last night. Definitely an upgrade over the 34c. I owe mama a big thank you!!

Here is my total for the week.
From the left. British Aristocrat, 56 Superspeed, Ball Handle Tech, Tech Franekenrazor- 50's Head with 1920 patent hollow handle ***Bonus*** no cracks in the handle. '50's Fat Handle Tech with Case.
$20140529_221115.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom