What's new

Australian Safety Razors & Blades?

Hi All,

I've been shaving with a DE razor now for a couple of weeks, and am totally hooked! I've got a bit of a dilemma though...I'm moving to Australia.

Can anyone tell me where I might be able to find decent DE blades in Sydney? I've found a couple of sites online, but they're charging $10+ for a pack of 5! Not that I'm tight or anything, but I thought that a big reason for moving to DE is the cost saving...

Thoughts?

Mate, there is only one answer to this: on-line.

The selection here is pathetic and prices are absurd. On the other hand, shipping from the US is fast, postage isn't that bad either. I've had razors shipped from the US for around $7. I received 600 Derbys the other day, that's a fair bit of weight. Shipping was $18.50.

On the plus side, you will find a growing supply of soaps and creams here.

Suggest you check out this thread. Although it starts off discussing products in Victoria, we soon put an end to that. :smile:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=37080&highlight=victoria+australia

And if there is anything you want to know about Sydney that will make your move easier, please let me know.

(We're starting to build up a few B&B members in the area. I foresee a Sydney B&B get together in the near future.)

Cheers

Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy, I feared as much :( Oh well, I'm stopping in Canada on the way through, so hopefully I'll be able to buy in bulk when I'm there. Thanks for the offer of assistance, but I'm moving home to Sydney, so I think I've got it covered :)

Congratulations on moving back to Australia. Commiserations on it being to Sydney. If you are moving some gear back then I suggest you add a large supply of razors because as Jeremy said, shaving supplies in general aren't that common here.

I know I'm hijacking but while you're all here, I've got a quick question. Given one choice, where should I visit: Brisbane, Melbourne, or Sydney? Thanks.

I know I'm hijacking but while you're all here, I've got a quick question. Given one choice, where should I visit: Brisbane, Melbourne, or Sydney? Thanks.

A bit more information would help. How long for? Time of year? Assuming it's a holiday, what kind of stuff interests you - sightseeing, chilling and absorbing the lifestyle, beaches and surfing?

BTW, whatever you respond, the answer will be Sydney :biggrin:

Cheers

Jeremy

A bit more information would help. How long for? Time of year? Assuming it's a holiday, what kind of stuff interests you - sightseeing, chilling and absorbing the lifestyle, beaches and surfing?

BTW, whatever you respond, the answer will be Sydney :biggrin:

Cheers

Jeremy

One week; August 08; exciting stuff and really good food.. and the clincher, I'd prefer a place with many beautiful women around. :wink:

That's a long way to fly for a week!

Sydney should be able to offer you everything on your list. Weather in August may be a little cool, so you are likely to see less (not fewer) of those beautiful women than you would in the summer :smile:

Cheers

Jeremy

That's a long way to fly for a week!

Sydney should be able to offer you everything on your list. Weather in August may be a little cool, so are likely to see less (not fewer) of those beautiful women than you would in the summer :smile:

Cheers

Jeremy

I'm actually going to Asia but I thought I'd stop by in Australia. Thanks for the info.

Thanks guys, it's good to know that there's at least hope on the cream front...been using Body Shop stuff so far and it's pretty good, so I would assume that it's available in Sydney too.

Tste - I still say Melbourne is a nicer place to visit.

Shavey - know of that site but have never purchased from them.

We're starting to build up a few B&B members in the area. I foresee a Sydney B&B get together in the near future.

Im constantly surprised at how many of us there are! Although can you imagine the pressure on you for your shave pre the get together, we'll all have horrible razor burn for trying to get that close close shave!:lol:

Top Bottom