What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

I recorded the last shavette shave with my smartphone. :laugh:
Sounds pretty nerdy, but that was interesting,
I'm quite confident with straight razors now, but I noticed some things to improve.

Every razor has a slightly different optimal angle so the shave is comfortable. Only took me 3 weeks to figure that out with my Fatip Grande.

As your technique improves, even when you have only 30 minutes to shower, shave, and dress you can get a DFS or better. [emoji1303]

DON'T CHASE THE BBS.
It has been mentioned numerous times by many with mucho experience. I think I finally listened! Two passes(WTG and XTG) and stop. No three and four passes with buffing. Two days in a row no feedback from my alum block except some slight tingling with no stinging. Maybe down the road when my technique improves I can chase the elusive BBS.

I have also decided that I am going to keep track of this thread and everyday read five pages. There is no way I am going to read 280 pages at one sitting. There is a lot for me to learn and I am sure I will retain more that way.

Direction change sequence using OC only (Personna Platinum Plus) and lightening up the pressure.

Discovered that if I do WTG then XTG, ATG seems to be smoother. Maintaining less pressure and angle (which does require focus and practice). Great results, no irritation. I keep whacking a mole on the right of my chin so I need to be cautious until it heals.

Top Bottom