What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

I have learned that I have to go through all of my razors again because the shaving experience is different after I've learned a good technique.

:) FUN!

I learned I look better with some hair on my upper lip...LoL But it sure was fun getting to shave that extra 3 square inches of territory!

I have learned that pushing a Feather New Hi-Stainless blade for a third shave in a Muhle 2013 R41 razor is a BAD idea (nicks all over the place).

I also learned that the Kent Infinity Silvertex shaving brush is not going to cut it for a travel brush for me (at least not at this time).

And I learned that my wife definitely doesn't like the smell of the Body Shop Maca Root shaving cream.

I learned that for me I need to use my safety razor to get the full effect of a relaxing shave. I was in a hurry so grabbed the cart. and was just going through the motions. Also learned just how much better a brush and quality soap is compared to canned goo.

I hadn't used a cartridge since I got my wet shaving setup. It wasn't near as bad as it used to be.

I really prefer Astra blades over Feathers with the ATT R2 head.

I'm not sure if that would apply to other razors, like the EJ89. Only one way to find out :wink: ...

I'm 2 weeks into wet-shaving...
My original purchase is a MecKur Long Handle 23C....

Loved it!!

So what did I do...YES...Go for a more aggressive razor to see if I can get closer

I got a MecKur Progressive Adjustable..
I set it at 3 which is a few more cm aggressive than the 23C

Being 57 , I have a few age spots on my face..

Yep, the Progressive gave a few nicks on them...

I learned that aggressive is not for me

Mike

Making the angle deep, to get a closer shave == major irritation x 2 days. Just stick to the ~30 degrees, and do more passes, if required.

If I'm going to use the Rolls, I really need a good 40+ minutes to achieve anything beyond an SAS or CCS. The Rolls is for leisurely shaves on a laid back morning.

I learned that I should have shaved this morning instead of skipping a day: neck stubble is really annoying when you are wearing a dress shirt with a closed collar and a necktie. :mad3:

Top Bottom