What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

Hand stropping a blade before putting it back in the razor helps extend the life of the blade in my experience. Some blades come out funky and it doesn't matter. It certainly extends the life of disposables and cartridges. Used disposables while in Kuwait. hand stropped after each shave.

I learned that my 100ish year old open comb ABC pocket razor always provides great shaves!!! I have other razors, and I like to use them all, but the ABC is perfect for me.

Now I want more of them

Mickey Lee Soapworks Cocoa Maya smells rich and chocolatey. Also, Merkur slant razors shave very nicely if you don't use pressure. :001_rolle

amen. for me, the top half of my neck grows N-S, but the bottom half grows S-N. That realization was one of the biggest leaps of shaving comfort I've made....ever.

This. I still have one spot... one corner of my neck, where the hair grows in such a strange way that I can't figure out which way is truly WTG. but I sure know which ways not to shave it...

The meaning of respect. First shave with my new R41. I'd heard horror stories, so shaved with great care. I consider a tiny weeper under the nose a victory ... for now.

I don't remember the thread now or the person, but whoever said they rinse hot, huge Velva splash THEN rinse cold and immediately wipe off after the shave, Thank You! That tiny bit of redness I always get for a few minutes was not there yesterday or today!
:thumbup1:

Sometimes I feel rushed in my morning pre-work shave- but I have learned from razor rash experiences: deliberate, short, no - pressure strokes gets the job done...seems I have to re-learn that from time to time...

Top Bottom