What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

Learned that / was reminded that pressure needed for shavettes and coticule edges are waaaay different. Almost had a rude awakening!

Learned that I still get a better lather from some soaps with a Perfecto brush then with a semogue 830 even after three months of breaking it in and trying different loading techniques.

Instead of a first pass with my adjustable set at 4 followed by a light second pass set at 9, just for laughs this morning I did a first pass set at 9 followed by a second pass at 2.
I won't be doing that again. Yeah, who's laughing now, dummy. Pretty much the shavers' "Here, hold my beer" moment.

"Over-stretching" of skin results in a poorer shave. I have been stretching (pulling taunt with off-hand) my jaw area and the result always left me with an uncomfortable irritation. This morning I decided to not over-stretch this area (and neck area XTG[SUP]2[/SUP]) ... and just allow the natural tautness of “puffing” my cheeks to provide the tautness in that/those area(S) ...fantastic shave! No irritation or redness.

Note to self: MUST REMEMBER THIS!

It really is all about "whisker reduction" for each pass....a soft touch, and a little bit smoother with each pass is what is working best for me.

It doesn't have to happen all at once.

It really is all about "whisker reduction" for each pass....a soft touch, and a little bit smoother with each pass is what is working best for me.

It doesn't have to happen all at once.

+ 1 esp. "....a soft touch" .... this worked for me this morning as well.

That the ATT S2 is made with some sort of magic pixie dust; I've had four close, completely problem-free shaves in a row with it now -- unprecedented in my (albeit brief) DE shaving career.

1) that perception of blade sharpness for me has more to do with the razor than the blade. a Derby in my Parker 71r feels way sharper than a Feather in my EJ89.

2) I seem to waste less soap than cream ie. less left over at the end of the shave.

3) DE's, carts, can or croaps....doesn't matter. I still cant get a very close shave on my neck. Maybe that's why I might be less enthusiastic about the hobby than some other posters here...this is fun and all, and im not worried about the money, but im really only getting slightly better results than I did before.

I learned that the ATT Atlas S2 is an absolutely amazing piece of equipment. One of the most comfortable shaves ever, and I expect it'll only get better as I get used to working with it.

I read about someone applying the remaining soap on their brush after they are done shaving as part of their aftershave routine and then rinsing it off. It's a nice touch if you have the time and leaves the soap smell lingering longer.

Top Bottom