What's new

First Shave with Feather Injector and Blade

A few days ago I stumbled onto a Feather Injector Razor, with actual Feather Injector blades, online. I thought that they were just a legend, but there it really was. As it was a BIN, and the price was very reasonable, I immediately jumped on it. I couldn't believe my luck.

Long story short, it arrived about an hour ago, and I immediately opened the box. It was pristine and unused, with the original blank in it, and it was a part of a grooming set. The razor is styled like a Schick L1, but the handle is about an inch shorter, and it's about an inch longer than the handle on my I2. Aha, the Goldilocks zone. It was also very light-weight--noticeably lighter than my I2. The blades are the double ones, like the Twinjector blades.

I immediately prepped my two-day beard and began to shave. I wasn't expecting much, after all, it looks like an L1, but the shave was very mild and one of the smoothest that I can remember--even smoother than the Schick Type F that I recently posted. The first pass was DFS WTG, the second pass was an XTG BBS, and there was not even the sound of whiskers being cut. It felt like I was rubbing an empty razor over my lubricated face. I didn't even need a touch-up. I had one tiny weeper that stopped on its own at the corner of my mouth, but I couldn't find it again, even with my alum block.

Now, everybody who knows me on the forum knows that I am Injector-addicted, but I'm totally impressed by this razor/blade combination. I own the whole Schick alphabet, but this Feather truly stands out from the others.

I just wish that they were still available so that everyone could experience them.

$Feather Injector Razor 4.jpg$Feather Injector Razor.jpg$Feather Injector Razor 5.jpg

Thanks for the review Steve. I suspect your Feather injector is most likely equivalent to a Personna Floating Head, a smooth shave that can bite (slightly aggressive). I am still amazed that not only do you have this rarity but it came with the factory blank blade! Excellent score!

A few days ago I stumbled onto a Feather Injector Razor, with actual Feather Injector blades, online. I thought that they were just a legend, but there it really was. As it was a BIN, and the price was very reasonable, I immediately jumped on it. I couldn't believe my luck.

Long story short, it arrived about an hour ago, and I immediately opened the box. It was pristine and unused, with the original blank in it, and it was a part of a grooming set. The razor is styled like a Schick L1, but the handle is about an inch shorter, and it's about an inch longer than the handle on my I2. Aha, the Goldilocks zone. It was also very light-weight--noticeably lighter than my I2. The blades are the double ones, like the Twinjector blades.

I immediately prepped my two-day beard and began to shave. I wasn't expecting much, after all, it looks like an L1, but the shave was very mild and one of the smoothest that I can remember--even smoother than the Schick Type F that I recently posted. The first pass was DFS WTG, the second pass was an XTG BBS, and there was not even the sound of whiskers being cut. It felt like I was rubbing an empty razor over my lubricated face. I didn't even need a touch-up. I had one tiny weeper that stopped on its own at the corner of my mouth, but I couldn't find it again, even with my alum block.

Now, everybody who knows me on the forum knows that I am Injector-addicted, but I'm totally impressed by this razor/blade combination. I own the whole Schick alphabet, but this Feather truly stands out from the others.

I just wish that they were still available so that everyone could experience them.

View attachment 445472View attachment 445473View attachment 445471

Hi Steve,

I see you met Dave. I'm glad you like it. I saw it too, but you know me.Let us know how long those blades last please.Enjoy!

Yes, Alan, Dave is a great guy to deal with. Do you know if he is a member of B&B? I'm surprised that you forbore getting this razor--it is truly a classic.

I'll keep a record of my blade use, but I doubt that they will last as long as a Chick. They are VERY thin blades compared to a Chick--but they are wickedly sharp. Being so thin, I doubt they could hold their edge for very long.

Congrats on the great find!

I dread to think how many nice injectors have been thrown away in japan. In 7 years here I've only met one man who used one.
The blades are still sold though so someone is using them....

Do you mean that FEATHER injector blades are still sold, or just that injector blades are still sold? I'd like to get some more Feather injector blades, if they are available.

Do you mean that FEATHER injector blades are still sold, or just that injector blades are still sold? I'd like to get some more Feather injector blades, if they are available.
Hi Steve,
Good luck finding them. Feather is not making them and I've scoured internet Japan and still nothing. You know how I am. I've only seen 2 loaders in 3 years and they were with the razor. But one never knows...... so good luck!
http://www.feather.co.jp/eProducts.htm

Last edited:
No, the Artist Club razors use the larger Feather Pro series blades and are not injector razors. They cannot use injector blades, which are similar in form, but are too small.

These blades are/were injector razor blades that came in a magazine with a key, like Schick injector blades, but made by Feather.

Sorry, I meant regular injector blades, but I do see both the injector and injector II blades (which I think is two blades).

Top Bottom