What's new

Fabulous: Utopia DE long-handled DE razor at $10 (including delivery + 10 Derby blade

This is truly a fantastic deal. As another reviewer said, spending $10 (free delivery; via Amazon.com; it comes with 10 free Derby blades) for the Utopia razor (made in Pakistan) is worth it for the handle alone--brass with silver finish, impressively hefty, deep knurling, excellent grip--but, in addition, the razor provides a very good shave. The shave is milder than an EJ89, yet, using a sharp Gillette Yellow blade, the razor even did well on the dense bristle of my chin and upper lip. For comparison, I think the EJ89 weighs 62 grams and the Merkur 34C (Heavy Duty) 77 grams, versus the Utopia's 117 grams. The head doesn't screw on smoothly, but for a $10 razor this is a very minor annoyance: I had no trouble with evenness of blade exposure. Delivery was fast; the packaging was excellent. The Utopia won't displace my mainstay EJ89l, but it's a great razor for anyone on a budget (or, its heft aside, as a travel razor). P.S. As soon as I ordered it on Amazon the "Currently Unavailable" message displayed. Let's hope the stock is soon replenished, and at this bargain price.

There is another thread floating down here in the DE section that is titled "A Monster showed up today" or something like that, I picked one up due to that thread, great shaver for $10. As of the other day they were out on amazon. This razor is a beast, but it shaves great, no bad nicks, but I did give myself a little slice setting the razor against my chin too hard, it's that much heavier than anything else I used.

Mine came in yesterday, will shave with it today. No blades came with mine but that is not really an issue.

Seth

The thread disappeared. I looked on Google, clicked the link, and it said it was Invalid. I notified someone about this.

Yes, thread is gone! I was lucky to purchase two of them. These are quite nice for the $10 price. Don't think so for 10X that.

BY FAR the heaviest DE I have ever shaved with. More aggressive than my vintage Gillettes and DE87 , I would guess because of the weight. Went with a Personna Blue and I got a very good shave.

All the prices, both on eBay and Amazon, are $99.99 for the Utopia razor. Too bad.

The same company also sells a barber's model straight razor for $6.99. I doubt this razor will have the same B&B bump.

I was checking those straights out.. Figured it's be a sweet and cheap entry level shavette. Decided not to back out of my May sabbatical, though. Not worth it!

Maybe someone should report the person on eBay for false advertising? It's not stainless steel. The handle is brass, and the head is pot metal.

Top Bottom