What's new

Frag Acquisitions

Picked up a bottle of L'Occitane Vetyver.

I had tried the sample in several stores while on vacation during the summer.
I liked the scent, and it lasted a long time on me.

Next Time I go to LOccitaine I will check it out.

I love there shave soap

I got Tabac, the AS.
Also about a week ago i got Azzaro Por homme. The Tabac.. for daily cubicle use. The Azzaro for after hours, but its a weak reform. I also very recently got Brut AS for after hrs use. I like Brut much more than the bad rep it has to general public. I will get the matching Brut and Tabac colognes when I can. Azzaro ($20 for 100ml) is a disappointment as it has poor longevity. I can use it for situatins where i want that. It seems to me like 1/10 the power of Aventus (which i dont have) so ie if im taking a plane flight and want a very weak gelded 70s powerhouse cologne that works but so would Brut AS after an hour.

I just picked up some Tabac EDC. What I'm smelling from the Tabac colonge is the Top notes from the soap, It smells similar to the soap but not the same, doesn't last that long, more like a strong aftershave. Still smells great.

Last edited:
Last weekend I picked up 2 colognes:

Dolce & Gabbana: "The One" and "Intensio"

Fantastic scents, not overpowering but highly noticed within short range (when wafting or by someone who is trailing)
I work with a majority of females from young adult to mature and they love the new scents. Love the compliments.
Assures me I did the right thing. :lol:

just picked up these in the past month .. I love them all, the Lalique Encre Noire really blew my mind .. it's way beyond it's $35 price!

How would you describe the Encre Noire. I've read fantastic reviews on Amazon and elsewhere, but reviewers on Fragrantica compare it to smelling like the forest or bugspray! http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Lalique/Encre-Noire-1834.html

This thread on Basenotes is so-so: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/315960-My-first-day-with-Encre-Noire

I got Tabac, the AS.
Also about a week ago i got Azzaro Por homme. The Tabac.. for daily cubicle use. The Azzaro for after hours, but its a weak reform. I also very recently got Brut AS for after hrs use. I like Brut much more than the bad rep it has to general public. I will get the matching Brut and Tabac colognes when I can. Azzaro ($20 for 100ml) is a disappointment as it has poor longevity.

When I bought my bottle of Azzaro in the 1980's, I remember it as lasting the entire workday, and would receive a few compliments from some very fetching secretaries and receptionists at the offices I would visit. I still have about .25 oz. left and just checked the bottle. The bottom of the bottle is embossed with the lettering, "Louis SA Azzaro. Made in Paris". In those days, I would buy all my colognes at major department stores like Macy's or the now defunct Abraham & Straus. I was a big fan of the gifts that would be included with the high priced cologne like gym bags, watches, mini bottles beach towels. The extremely attractive salesgirls would also include a load of free samples. These days, I only look for bargains on the various sites like Perfumania or Fragrancenet, although I would still consider a major department store for a new or classic scent if there was a great gift offer that was advertised with a purchase.

As far as Brut goes, I'm more a fan of Brut Dominant Aftershave which has just been pulled from the online retailers.
If you're buying Brut, try to buy the Brut Classic Cologne in the 3 oz. glass bottle as that's the original Brut. I think there's also a 25 oz glass bottle. All the bottles in plastic are versions of Brut 33 made by Idelle Labs, which is the weaker scent that came out several years after original Brut. I think the European version in the rectangle shaped glass bottle is also the original and may be an even superior formulation. There's a whole bunch that you can't find in the USA here. Scan through the 4 pages of Brut and I think you'll be amazed at how much is available:

http://www.pakcosmetics.com/search/brut

What site did you use to purchase the Tabac?

I just picked up some Tabac EDC. What I'm smelling from the Tabac colonge is the Top notes from the soap, It smells similar to the soap but not the same, doesn't last that long, more like a strong aftershave. Still smells great.

Where did you purchase your Tabac? I think it would help if everyone not only listed their latest purchases, but the retailer they purchased it from and whether they were satisfied.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I got it from Perfumania on clearance. It smells a little different than the soap, don't really care for it.
http://www.perfumania.com/shop/clearance/tabac-original-for-men-by-maurer-wirtz-eau-de-cologne-pour_823.1.html

I've seen that "clearance" on Perfumania for quite some time and wondered how they could sell it for so much less than Fragrancenet. Take a look at this image and see if there's an item number on your bottle or box. The item number for most other retailers is different than Perfumania's. I'm not sure if that's just an internal item number that Perfumania uses or it's different stock than the others have. Both item #'s have six digits.

(click to enlarge):

I've seen that "clearance" on Perfumania for quite some time and wondered how they could sell it for so much less than Fragrancenet. Take a look at this image and see if there's an item number on your bottle or box. The item number for most other retailers is different than Perfumania's. I'm not sure if that's just an internal item number that Perfumania uses or it's different stock than the others have. Both item [URL=http://badgerandblade.com/vb/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=%27s]#'s [/URL] have six digits.

For some reason Imagevenue deleted this image in my last post: http://imgur.com/VtKN5f9

Compare the two item #'s seen in the image to your product. 117003 is Perfumania and 122589 represents the item # for the other retailers.

The #'s 1145 are printed on both the bottle and the box.
The bar code#'s on the bottom of the box are 011700 425501.

Thanks for the information. A search of the net indicates the sku code of 4011700425501 is the exact one for the box of Tabac EDC 10.1 oz. I'm not sure what the item numbers represent unless it's an item number suggested by Tabac for inventory purposes. I'm also not sure why Perfumania uses a different one from Amazon, Fragrancenet and Alibaba.

I've read that the EDT is a bit stronger but before I would try that, I would buy the cologne. That 10 oz. bottle is enough to last for quite a long time. How long does the scent last? Some differentiate between how long it projects (other can smell it) and how long a person can smell it on their own skin.

Top Bottom