What's new

Frag Acquisitions

I have indulged myself a little... :blush:

I went to the Nicolai shop near the Sorbonne University, and I have bought this.

$IMG_0365.jpg

New York, eau de toilette...

What struck me the most about this fragrance is the drydown : very similar to Tabac EdC. Powdery, woody and spicy, very warm and delicious... The first minutes of application are a bit weird, but half an hour later, I will get the spices, especially pepper and cinnamon. This thing has a good longevity (6 hours or more on me) and moderate sillage (2 or 3 hours later, it'll turn into a skin scent).

I'm officially broke. But the SMW was a trade, and the Equipage was a total steal. Love, love, love Hermes.

Red Classic Match, it's an off-brand of Polo Red. Apprently there is a Obsession Classic Match too that I may check out on my next paycheck. This is the first non-EAD cologne I've got in some time (outside of my Michael Jordan...)

Nice present waiting for me after work. GIT 2015 batch CM3215W01.

Thanks for the posting the batch code and date of production. I think that should not only be mandatory here but on all the Youtube reviews so we can tell what's being sold and where. Where did you purchase this and was the box wrapped in tight cellophane? I was reading that loose cellophane means it was repackaged for sale.

Thanks for the posting the batch code and date of production. I think that should not only be mandatory here but on all the Youtube reviews so we can tell what's being sold and where. Where did you purchase this and was the box wrapped in tight cellophane? I was reading that loose cellophane means it was repackaged for sale.

FragranceNet is where I got it on sale, it wasn't wrapped in cellophane or anything.

FragranceNet is where I got it on sale, it wasn't wrapped in cellophane or anything.

That's what worries me about the discounters. If the product is straight from a department store (returned to distributor because of older shelf life), it should still be wrapped in tight cellophane. Is Creed sold that way in the major department stores (sealed boxes)?

Even the cheap clones of major colognes (i.e. "Our Version Of") are sold in wrapped cellophane boxes.

That's what worries me about the discounters. If the product is straight from a department store (returned to distributor because of older shelf life), it should still be wrapped in tight cellophane. Is Creed sold that way in the major department stores (sealed boxes)?

Even the cheap clones of major colognes (i.e. "Our Version Of") are sold in wrapped cellophane boxes.

Creed fragrances are never wrapped in cellophane. I own creed from fragrancenet, fragrancex, and Nieman Marcus. Same stuff all three places. Never pay retail for Creed.

Two good threads on the matter. Both conclude Cree is not wrapped, although some have received wrapped bottles (probably by reseller). One person had the same thought I have - why isn't an expensive fragrance like Creed wrapped? Why should something this expensive allowed to be opened on the shelf before purchase? If buying a at major dept. store, the buyer should be instructed to unwrap after purchase in the store to inspect the bottle. This kind of information for every fragrance shoud be on the retailer's site.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/308037-Why-is-my-Creed-wrapped-in-cellophane
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...ellophane-to-their-distributors-and-resellers

Top Bottom