What's new

Frag Acquisitions

Nice acquisition, linux_author!

I received five new fragrances to add to my quickly growing collection. I'm now at over 50 bottles.

Today's arrivals:

Azzaro - Chrome
Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue - Living Stromboli
Kenneth Cole - Black
Giorgio Armani - Acqua di Gio Profumo (this is the new release in the black bottle).
Dior - Dior Homme Cologne

Father's Day and my birthday were within 1 week of each other. I joyfully received the following as gifts:

- Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta
- Terre d'Hermes EdP
- Bath and Body Works Whitewater Rush

Summer is going to be lovely smelling season :D

I have a 250 mL bottle of Creed Royal Mayfair (their re-release of Windsor) on the way. It is a huge bottle, but the way it is priced, I couldn't see buying the 4 oz. bottle.

CK - Euphoria Intense for Men
Reminiscence - Pour Homme
Thierry Mugler - Pure Malt
The Different Company - Limon de Cordoza
Rance & Co. - Francois Charles
Parfumes D'Orsay - Arôme 3

My FAD continues with the purchase of a bottle of Nautica Voyage and a bottle of Tom Ford Noir. I purchased my first bottle of Tom Ford (For Men) last month and was extremely pleased with the makeup of the fragrance and have been waiting to pull the trigger on other Tom Ford fragrances as the came on sale (not often enough!). Now I just need to find some Tom Ford Grey Vetiver and I'll be happy!

Nice pickup on the Creed Royal Mayfair, Mike!

Last edited:
Cartier - Roadster
Hanae Mori - Hanae Mori
John Varvatos - Artisan Acqua
Tom Ford - Black Orchid
Tom Ford - Noir

Last edited:
Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler just landed today. A blind buy, looking for a tobacco-ish scent.

One spray revealed it was not for me. Too bad, 'cause it really is a powerhouse, but something in it just doesn't work for me.

Just got a ridiculous deal on some Green Irish Tweed. Bought a 120ml flask off of BeautyEncounter for $159. They shipped me a 250ml flacon by mistake. That's 62c per mL. The stuff is definitly legit. Box smells full of real-deal GIT. The thing that sucks is I really wanted the atomizer! Anyone have an empty GIT flask they want to sell me?

Anyone think I should contact the company and send it back? They'll probably just tell me to keep it, but I want to be honest regarding this...

Last edited:
@Bill I'll have to look into Hammam, Bill. Any info on it you can pass along?

@ncsuactor84BNB - Awesome grab! I'm jealous! I'm sure they'd appreciate the honesty, but if the package is open, they'd have no chance of reselling so they'd surely let you keep it.

@Bill I'll have to look into Hammam, Bill. Any info on it you can pass along?

@ncsuactor84BNB - Awesome grab! I'm jealous! I'm sure they'd appreciate the honesty, but if the package is open, they'd have no chance of reselling so they'd surely let you keep it.

Bleh. Bad bottle. So the interesting thing is the actual box smelled exactly like real Green Irish Tweed. Fooled me at first.

Unfortunately, when I opened it up to decant, it was totally spoiled juice. I mean the stuff smells like rancid alcohol with a dash of green irish tweed. I sprayed a dash on my wrist just to see what would happen and when the alcohol smell evaporated, I could still smell the sandalwood base that's the hallmark of GIT. So it was probably the real stuff at one point... just poorly stored.

I contacted beautyencounter and they are in the process of giving me a refund. At least good customer service.

Damn that sucks! It's amazing how things can go from amazing to horrible in one opening of the bottle. I had a similar experience with a bottle of Chanel no 5 I purchased for my wife last year. In box smelled great but once opened, it was obvious something was amiss.

Back to acquisitions: I picked up my first Penhaligon's scent today, a 100ml bottle of Bayolea that was on sale for US$61. Got a bunch of Heeley's samples in and I'm going to go ahead and splurge on a bottle of Oranges and Lemons Say the Bells of St. Clemons. Lovely citrus scent for the summer. I also grabbed a couple of 30ml bottles of Kiehl's frangrances; namely the Nashi and Pink Grapefruit (love this one!) and the Fig Leaf and Sage which is excellent in its own way.

Top Bottom