What's new

Frag Acquisitions

Went on a shopping trip with my daughter and came home with Tom Ford Noir EdT. Also have Encre Noir and Versace Eros on the way. Wearing the Ford right now and loving it.

Went shopping this past Saturday and came home with some Cool Water aftershave. It was a close call between it and a scent called Mankind. I liked both but the wife preferred Cool Water and so that's what I got. I have used it three times so far and it does pretty good. It doesn't last all day but does remain noticeable till around 2:00 in the afternoon when applied before 7:00 in the morning.

anybody else here use the other scent Mankind?

Ambra from Ensar Oud just showed up the other day.

$Ambra.jpg

The Yardley Citrus & Wood I ordered after reading about it on here has arrived! Smells interesting out of the bottle and in the air - looking forward to trying it for real soon.
$20150304_125755_resized.jpg

I'm very excited to update soon, once it all gets here I'll list it out and snap a pic of the whole collection so far !

I picked up a vintage maybe 1970's Avon Cologne fragrance Trio. The Three colognes are Wild Country, Excalibur and Wind Jammer. All have the original product in them and are full allowing for some evaporation. They are part of a set and come in the holder pictured (not my pics but the same thing). The labels on my bottles are pristine and unlike the pictures here.

View attachment 556806View attachment 556807

Let us know what you think. I wanted to try it since I heard about it as well.

I like it. I bought it hoping it would be a nice scent for the Spring, and it is... would work in the Fall too I think. I'm not the best at describing scents, but here goes...

"Citrus and Wood" is accurate. I get more wood than citrus... A nice cedar, birch bark. It smells like a little like a pencil in the bottle, but not on the skin. The citrus is dry, like lime.

It comes off as a serious, somewhat old school scent, which I like.

Ordered some decants/samples in preparation for the Spring and Summer seasons...

Thierry Mugler A*Men Ultra Zest
Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa
Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Arancia Di Capri
YSL M7 Oud Absolu (I know......not really warm weather friendly)
Dior Homme Cologne
Dior Homme Eau for Men

Ordered some decants/samples in preparation for the Spring and Summer seasons...

Thierry Mugler A*Men Ultra Zest
Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa
Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Arancia Di Capri
YSL M7 Oud Absolu (I know......not really warm weather friendly)
Dior Homme Cologne
Dior Homme Eau for Men

Good selection. I absolutely love the Dior Homme Cologne (not to be confused with their Dior Homme EdT which is completely different!). I have the YSL Pour Homme as one of my next planned purchases. It has an amazing scent! I haven't heard of that Thierry Mugler so I'll have to check it out. I made the mistake of purchasing TM A*Men Pure Rubber and it's one of my most hated scents. I should have tried it in-store first. Let me know what you think of the Ultra Zest.

Good selection. I absolutely love the Dior Homme Cologne (not to be confused with their Dior Homme EdT which is completely different!). I have the YSL Pour Homme as one of my next planned purchases. It has an amazing scent! I haven't heard of that Thierry Mugler so I'll have to check it out. I made the mistake of purchasing TM A*Men Pure Rubber and it's one of my most hated scents. I should have tried it in-store first. Let me know what you think of the Ultra Zest.

The Ultra Zest is nice blood orange based fragrance. People say it reminds them of orange creamsicle. I like it a lot. The Pure Leather is a bit weird and has a bit of a Tar note to it. Try Pure Malt and Pure Havanne, those two are really good, for the summer Mugler cologne is super fresh and very clean soapy smell.

The Ultra Zest is nice blood orange based fragrance. People say it reminds them of orange creamsicle. I like it a lot. The Pure Leather is a bit weird and has a bit of a Tar note to it. Try Pure Malt and Pure Havanne, those two are really good, for the summer Mugler cologne is super fresh and very clean soapy smell.

After a few wearings, I am still on the fence regarding Ultra Zest. I enjoy the orange/tangerine opening but it quickly (and disappointingly) moves to the back while the familiar Mugler DNA takes over. I find that the base tends to be close to Pure Malt but with a touch more vanilla. Surprisingly, I am disappointed in the projection and longevity of this fragrance. Mugler's other creations last a long, long time on my skin - longevity of at least 10 hours with projection only becoming a skin scent after 6 hours. Ultra Zest is pretty much a skin scent after 2 hours with total longevity barely approaching 5-6 hours.

Last edited:
1.5ml sample EdP (Eau de Parfum) of Phaedon Tabac Rouge from bloomperfume.co.uk for £2.00, unisex fragrance for men and women or alternatively for women and men. Apparently it's Turkish tobacco warmed by ginger and cinnamon with a hint of honey and after the initial assault dries down to Siam benzoin and musk. According to reviews it's also very like Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille. Now when I Googled Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille the results I got were related to the UK National Lottery. Perhaps Google is trying to tell me something :)

Blind bought full bottles of Christian Dior Eau Sauvage EdT and Guerlain Homme. They should arrive this Friday.

I am very excited to give these scents a whirl.

Top Bottom