What's new

Vintage Military Shaving Photos

I'm jealous! I was in the "modern" Marine Corps and still remember shaving in the field...with a crappy disposable...dry.

Man I thought I was roughing it with a cold shave last weekend with only slightly less than luke warm water. My shave didn't turn out to be bad and seeing these photos I know that they didn't have hot water and still managed to shave.

No excuses! Shave everyday, hot water or not!

Chris - Outstanding! Thanks much for the photographs, brings back lot's of memories from my tour of duty in Nam '67 - '68.

D Pomeroy

There's a part in Band of Brothers where one of the officers is trying to generate lather with ice water:eek:. Thanks to all our military personnel for your sacrifices (even the shaving ones) and service to this great nation. Cool pics by the way.

Leche
I believe you are referring to the segment of Band of Brothers depicting the Battle of Bastogne where the 101st Airborne, (Easy Co.) were surrounded and engaged by numerically superior Geman forces. The scene shows Capt. or is it Major Winters attempting to shave with a helmet full of ice water. I can't even begin to imagine how miserable that must have been. A very sincere and grateful Thank You to our Greatest Generation!

that has to be the youngest marine corp e-7 I've ever seen.

You have to remember in major conflicts where tens of thousands of America's bravest lost their lives promotions came very quick.

Today the average E-7 is older, however we have an E-8 in my unit who is only 31 years old. Talk about a fast burner!

My contribution, after searching the internet:
proxy.php

For more amazing pics, I strongly recommend searching the Life Magazine archives. They even have pictures of blind vets straight-shaving:eek:

I've always wanted to try shaving using a mirror on a car or military jeep...Anyone else?:scooter:

I've shaved using the passenger side mirror of an Up Armored HMMWV (Hummer) and a canteen cup full of warm water. Not nearly as nice as a full on proper bathroom shave but it worked.

These are great photos :) Those would also be great on the wall of an old school barber shop, especially the one of the Italian boys watching. This also makes me with I had my own bathroom to dedicate entirely to shaving so I can hang those pictures.

Top Bottom