My wish list:

3 Oaks Syrian
Dunhill Early Morning Pipe
Frog Morton On the Town
Orlik Golden Sliced
GLP
PS Luxury Navy Flakes
...and a few more...I might have RAD!

My wish list: Anything decent I can get before tobacco gets taxed over $600 / kg. Which isn't far off here in Australia.

Realization I had this morning, though: I don't really want a multitude of tobacco varieties in my "cellar" (translation: sitting on the card table in our three-season room). I don't. It's just too many choices, and if you're trying to not "cross-contaminate" pipes it just gets to be too much.

I'm now on mission to narrow down what I have to those tobaccos that I really, consistently, enjoy smoking - and cull the rest from the herd. Maybe figure out my top couple picks from each type of blend and call it good. Trouble is, there are so many out there I have yet to try but have read about (i.e. JHM MiddleEarth Series, Frog Morton varieties besides Cellar, etc etc).

I guess it's just like shaving soap. At first you want to try them all, then you get overwhelmed and frustrated (and broke), and then you find a groove of what you really like and you mostly stick with that. (BTW, for me, that means Tabac, with a couple Razorocks, Cella, and Arko thrown in)

Top Bottom