What's new

The New York Mets

Looks like my Boys of Summer are 15-11.

$new-york-mets-alternate-logo_1963-1970.gif

I have to enjoy this while I can.

View attachment 442488

Nice! Almost as nice as 17-10!
$A%u00252527s%2BLogo%2BElephant.jpg

Gray & Kazmir are off to a great start for Oakland! Too bad we'll end up getting punted out in the first round of the playoffs like every other year in recent memory!

I think it is generally difficult for baseball fans to get excited early due to the length of the season, but I would like very much to have a summer long discourse in The Clubhouse on your favorite teams and thoughts on the game.

I'm in when and where I'm able to contribute! I generally only end up following the AL for most of the season. Oakland is my team (has been since childhood), but I rarely get to watch anything other than highlights since there's a four hour time difference between Nova Scotia and California...haha

I follow the Red Sox and Blue Jays too. Heading to Fenway for the second-last Sox/Yankees game of the season September 27th Pretty stoked to heckle Jeter in his second-last regular season game...:lol:

I'm in when and where I'm able to contribute! I generally only end up following the AL for most of the season. Oakland is my team (has been since childhood), but I rarely get to watch anything other than highlights since there's a four hour time difference between Nova Scotia and California...haha

I follow the Red Sox and Blue Jays too. Heading to Fenway for the second-last Sox/Yankees game of the season September 27th Pretty stoked to heckle Jeter in his second-last regular season game...:lol:

BoSox v. the Yanks, at Fenway in Sept., is a trip to baseball Mecca. Awesome. Just start a thread in the Clubhouse forum on your favorite team or baseball topic. Join the fun and don't be bashful.

For me too. The games are on until the wee hours of the morning.

Combine the time change with the altitude and the way that park wreaks havoc on pitchers, especially opposing ones, and I'm worried it could put our Metsies into a funk. Hopefully they get out of there with a split and head into Miami feeling good.

Last edited:
Combine the time change with the altitude and the way that park wreaks havoc on pitchers, especially opposing ones, and I'm worried it could but our Metsies into a funk. Hopefully they get out of there with a split and head into Miami feeling good.

Definitely a hitters park.

Feeling good in Miami. That sounds nice.

What do you think about the Ike Davis move?

Definitely a hitters park.

Feeling good in Miami. That sounds nice.

What do you think about the Ike Davis move?

I actually liked it. I thought Ike was done in NY by his his various ailments and and his inability to adjust that loopty doopty swing. While maybe he doesn't have quite the upside we thought Ike had, Duda is more selective at the plate, hits lefties a little bit better and has a low maintenance swing.

Ike was handed the job originally and, I think, given a fair shake, whereas Duda was jerked around more in the past. Let's see what he can do given a vote of confidence for once. It was time for a change.

Top Bottom