What's new

The New York Mets

I think as long as the beer's flowing, they don't care :)

$cubs-goat.jpg

Funny quick story- I lived in Monroe, La - where Bubby went to school @ Northeast La, in 1994. He was from Alexandria, La. He showed up at a bar and acted like he's Bart Starr. Quite the arrogant little punk. I went to shake his hand, as I will take the opportunity to shake any former Steelers hand. He was so obnoxious, I passed on shaking. He wasn't worthy of my gentlemanly handshake with his snide remarks and obnoxious attitude. No thanks. Still a Steeler fan for life.

Ah, yes..Bubby Brister. I remember quite fondly when he was signed by the Jets. Highlights include

Funny quick story- I lived in Monroe, La - where Bubby went to school @ Northeast La, in 1994. He was from Alexandria, La. He showed up at a bar and acted like he's Bart Starr. Quite the arrogant little punk. I went to shake his hand, as I will take the opportunity to shake any former Steelers hand. He was so obnoxious, I passed on shaking. He wasn't worthy of my gentlemanly handshake with his snide remarks and obnoxious attitude. No thanks. Still a Steeler fan for life.

Sounds like a real swell guy. I read a story that he refused to come into a game when he was a backup on the Steelers because he "mops up for noone".

Oh, now i actually remember a highlight. The infamous shovel pass interception returned for a TD against the 0-5 expansion Panthers leading to their first franchise victory. That was 1995's buttfumble.

My wife and her family are mets fans, die hard ones. I could care less about baseball.

However, they are also die-hard Redskins fans, which keeps her on the other side of the couch as I am a Broncos fan.

Some friends of ours are new Mets fans. There son was taken in the 19th round by the Mets. They were hoping he would go to Kingsport, but I think they said he was going to Florida. I do not know anything thing about it other than it was a fluke that he started pitching because of an injury that limited his hitting and he was drafted as a pitcher. He got his first start because of another players injury and he had good stuff and.....well I guess he is not looking back. Does not sound like he has time.

Frank Cashen passed away- GM for the 1986 World Series Champion Mets Team. Was 88 years old. A true baseball great.

Can't believe there's a thread dedicated to my Mets. Been a die hard fan since birth, and I'm only 23 so I've seen very little success.

After tonight's game they are 10 games under .500. I'm usually very critical of the front office...at this juncture I think they need to clean house. TC is terrible, can't draw up a decent lineup and his in-game managing makes me physically ill. Time to relieve him of his duties.

CUT Chris Young, he is worthless. Same with EY. Play Lagares, Granderson, Nieuwenhuis every day. Trade Colon for something (anything) and put out feelers for Murphy. Call up some guys from AAA. Season is over anyways, let's see what we have in some of these kids.

Just a frustrated fan's $.02 :a52:

Can't believe there's a thread dedicated to my Mets. Been a die hard fan since birth, and I'm only 23 so I've seen very little success.

After tonight's game they are 10 games under .500. I'm usually very critical of the front office...at this juncture I think they need to clean house. TC is terrible, can't draw up a decent lineup and his in-game managing makes me physically ill. Time to relieve him of his duties.

CUT Chris Young, he is worthless. Same with EY. Play Lagares, Granderson, Nieuwenhuis every day. Trade Colon for something (anything) and put out feelers for Murphy. Call up some guys from AAA. Season is over anyways, let's see what we have in some of these kids.

Just a frustrated fan's $.02 :a52:

They finally got around to dumping Ike Davis.:laugh:

Top Bottom