What's new

I need a new toothpaste. Something unique.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
As the title reads I'm in the market for a new toothpaste. I currently use Botot and have no qualms about it but I'm just looking to try something new. It's almost at its end of life so time to start looking.

I don't want anything like Crest or Colgate. Nothing that is readily available at any retail store out there.

I'm pretty open to flavors. But nothing ridiculous like octopus flavor.

So what ya got?

I use Dabur Meswak. It tastes amazing! Like cinnamon and cloves.
$meswak.jpg
You should be able to find it in an Indian store.

Rose of Sharon Acres has an alternative to toothpaste. It comes in slivers of tooth "soap." It's an interesting idea, but I'm not its biggest proponent.

Marvis comes in a range of interesting flavors.

Eco-dent toothpowder is also worth a try.

Couto is an old school Portuguese brand.

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Great stuff guys thanks! that Green Beaver sounds cool.
Rose of Sharon Acres has an alternative to toothpaste. It comes in slivers of tooth "soap." It's an interesting idea, but I'm not its biggest proponent.

never heard of something like this. How do you use it? and how long does it last? Pretty pricey but I don't mind if It lasts quite a while.

Many decades ago I bought a small bottle of a LIQUID herbal tooth-cleaner at Crabtree&Evelyn. It think it came from Switzerland. You put a few drops on your toothbrush and proceeded to brush your teeth as normal. It had a sharp, minty taste, and made my teeth feel squeaky clean just like I had just come from the dentist. It cleaned my teeth much better than any paste has done either before or after.

I've been looking for this product for about 35 years now so I can use it again, but I can't find it anywhere. And I can't remember the name, so its hard to research online.

Another thing you might try is an old folk remedy. Baking soda and a pinch of salt. Mix them up together in a small container, and sprinkle a little in your hand and then dip your wet toothbrush in it. You can try adding essential oils or other flavorings, but I always used it plain. The raw taste is not unpleasant. It does a very good job of cleaning.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Many decades ago I bought a small bottle of a LIQUID herbal tooth-cleaner at Crabtree&Evelyn. It think it came from Switzerland. You put a few drops on your toothbrush and proceeded to brush your teeth as normal. It had a sharp, minty taste, and made my teeth feel squeaky clean just like I had just come from the dentist. It cleaned my teeth much better than any paste has done either before or after.

I've been looking for this product for about 35 years now so I can use it again, but I can't find it anywhere. And I can't remember the name, so its hard to research online.

Another thing you might try is an old folk remedy. Baking soda and a pinch of salt. Mix them up together in a small container, and sprinkle a little in your hand and then dip your wet toothbrush in it. You can try adding essential oils or other flavorings, but I always used it plain. The raw taste is not unpleasant. It does a very good job of cleaning.

These guys have a liquid soap for your teeth. It would be different that's for sure. http://www.roseofsharonacres.com/tooth_chips___soap_for_teeth

My dad used to use baking soda when he was a kid.

never heard of something like this. How do you use it? and how long does it last? Pretty pricey but I don't mind if It lasts quite a while.

I believe the small container could be used daily for a few months. You place one of the strips between your teeth and chew, then brush with a wet toothbrush. It may taste funny, kinda like soap, for the first few uses but after then you won't even notice it.

Arm and Hammer Dental Care is what I love and use. I recommend everyone try it at least once. Not a lot of places carry it, and it does an amazing job. Only one place close to me carries out. I just purchase it in bulk from Amazon.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
If you want something really 'out there'.. try the Japanese dentifrice toothpaste. Its made from aubergines/eggplant and it's black.

It really works, clean teeth and fresh breath.

But it's quite weird brushing your teeth with black toothpaste.

There are other similar ones out there also.

Top Bottom