What's new

New Members: Please consider putting your real first name in your signature line.

Hey folks,

I'm reasonably sure there have been threads in the past on this topic in the Newbie forum, but I thought I'd bring it up again for a refresh. I'd like to encourage everyone to put their real first name (or some sort of "normal" name they're willing to go by, even if it's not real) in their signature line, or somewhere in their posts. Maybe it's just me, but I hate addressing someone using their cryptic username when replying to one of their posts. Clearly there are times when one must use the username, as there are lots of people with the same real name, of course. But it's really nice to have a real name to go along with the username when conversing back and forth within a thread. If you're inclined to do so, please add your name to your sig!

I like it when people manually sign their posts with their user name. One of these days, someone will sign their duplicate account with the wrong user name. :lol:

-AABCDS

Last edited:
You got the joke!

Absolutely James. I even have my suspicions ... Not that it matters to me anyway.

Just in case someone doesn't know how to do it:

$capture-20140428-173011.png
$capture-20140428-173137.png

Last edited:
Great idea ... James! :laugh:

Edit: Now ... I wasn't expecting that ... two James ... I was talking to the OP! :lol:

Oh yeah, it has its hazards - lots of James', etc. I'd address someone with the real name most commonly after I'd quoted them, to avoid any confusion. When I need a more global reference, I use the username.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I actually have to read posts twice when they say "Sam" and then try to figure out if it's me or another one they mean. However, there semms to be only one "rockviper" registered. :tongue_sm

Done. Thanks, James - that is fair enough. I have not used it as I did not thought my nick can be understood as something different than my name... :lol:

Done. Honestly had not thought of this, but it is a good idea. Can you please find a way to differentiate between myself and all the other Genfords on B&B, though?

Top Bottom