What's new

New Members: Please consider putting your real first name in your signature line.

Darnnit, but thanks for poinint that out....give me a sec, Edgar :w00t:!

If my username wasn't cryptic enough, now they put it in my title :lol: OK, added to signature too. :thumbup1:

I had signatures disabled because, but will enable them now.

Great idea JAMES!

NOW, that's better ... :lol:

And just to add another useful new member request to James' topic......

If your profile does not say where you are located you might want to update this so that you can receive better (more location centered) help from other members.

I find it difficult to answer someone who is looking for product with a local option suggestion if I do not know a general area "where" local is.

To update your location profile:

1) Click Settings at the top of the page
2) On the left sidebar under My Settings click Edit Profile
3) Scroll down and enter a general location (how specific you want to get is up to you)

Bumpity bump... Newbies please consider putting your first name (or at least a first name if you're shy) in your sig!

It's too bad it couldn't be implemented into the bio section where it displays location on each post. I'd like to see it there rather then signature for the members who have them disabled.

I'm still trying to figure out how to show sigs on Tapatalk.

I tried to register with my real name and was told it was taken, so whoever took my name I would like it back so I can put it in my signature line. seriously though I had never thought of that since it was on my profile page, but it is a good idea.

I tried to register with my real name and was told it was taken, so whoever took my name I would like it back so I can put it in my signature line. seriously though I had never thought of that since it was on my profile page, but it is a good idea.

You can always put you first name in your signature line. Just insert it before the wording "Foxhole shavers club..."

I had mine in my signature but took it out because, well, it's also my user name. No harm in putting it back if it makes it easier for folks.

Hey folks,

I'm reasonably sure there have been threads in the past on this topic in the Newbie forum, but I thought I'd bring it up again for a refresh. I'd like to encourage everyone to put their real first name (or some sort of "normal" name they're willing to go by, even if it's not real) in their signature line, or somewhere in their posts. Maybe it's just me, but I hate addressing someone using their cryptic username when replying to one of their posts. Clearly there are times when one must use the username, as there are lots of people with the same real name, of course. But it's really nice to have a real name to go along with the username when conversing back and forth within a thread. If you're inclined to do so, please add your name to your sig!

+1
:thumbup1:

I was wondering the same ... But I don't think it's possible.

I would like to know if it is.

Btw ... you can't see location on Tapatalk either, can you?!
It is possible on Tapatalk. At least for Android. Signature and location.

Highlight an individual post by tapping it once.
Go to the (ellipses) menu, and choose "view author's profile."

You may not see the entire signature if it's long, but you'll get the gist.

It is possible on Tapatalk. At least for Android. Signature and location.

Highlight an individual post by tapping it once.
Go to the (ellipses) menu, and choose "view author's profile."

You may not see the entire signature if it's long, but you'll get the gist.

Thank you Matt, but I meant seeing the sig and location as we see using full site mode.

Not a bid deal anyway, I was just wondering. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom