What's new

Vision + Trig = ouch!

Monday's (two day growth) shave with a Vision + new Trig blade was not a happy experience. It is the first time I have ever stopped part way through a shave, because of the pain caused by the blade trying to pull whiskers out rather than cut them. Interestingly, I put the Trig in the slant to finish off and the shave was tolerable. I have long suspected that the less sharp blades benefit from the slant; and am now convinced that the slant does have a different cutting action in practice, which was not replicated by angling the Vision - suggesting the (merkur) slant is more than a HD at an angle.

Did you prep your beard? A decent prep can make a poor blade almost bearable. That said, I could not get Personna Red Packs to work for me no matter how much prep I used. Sometimes they just don't click.

Did you prep your beard? A decent prep can make a poor blade almost bearable. That said, I could not get Personna Red Packs to work for me no matter how much prep I used. Sometimes they just don't click.

Yes, usual Monday (and daily) prep I have done for years with same hot flannel, soap, brush etc. Just the blade + razor combination does not suite my face, it would appear.

Hot flannel?!?!? Now that sounds good...I gotta have an old shirt or two that can be donated to the cause. And to think, I have been using steamed towels.

Thanks.

from my expiriance, all blades from the treet corporation are dangerus in any DE razor you want to load them on

Top Bottom