Poll: Which new shave cream to buy?

Which Shave Cream to Try Next

• AOS Lemon

• TOBS Lemon & Lime

• TOBS Shaving Shop

• TOBS Rose

• Other?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Alright, I want to pick up one more shave cream, and I have it narrowed down to the following in the poll. I can't decide which I'd rather try, so I thought I would let the group help me feed my SCAD.

For background, my current line-up of creams and soaps are the result of trial and error, to where I now have a core group that I love. They include: T&H West Indian Lime cream; Proraso; QED Lime; QED Wild Orange; SCS New Spice; HBS Vetiver; C&E Sienna. I like citrus items, especially lime. I don't have a lot of cologne-scented products. I have tried TOBS Eton College and Avocado, and thought they were okay, just a little too "fresh" for me.

I have a tub of TOBS Mr. Taylor on the way. I have been considering the TOBS Shaving Shop for a while now. I've tried the Trumper Lime and Rose, and wasn't as thrilled with them. If I didn't like the Trumper Rose scent, is there any chance I will like the TOBS?

Anyways, let me know your thoughts, or if there is another that I should be considering, feel free to chime in.

Thanks,

Mike

The Rose is very nice. You may also want to look into SCS's Rose creams. I have recently made an acquanitance with Sue's creams and they are wicked awesome. Unreal slick. Slicker than Speick!

I actually have tried the AOS unscented and the lavender. I loved the lavender, but traded it for something I loved more - my T&H West Indian Lime.

I know that the TOBS Rose is currently in the lead. Can anybody comment whether, not having enjoyed the Trumper's Rose, I would like the TOBS Rose any more? I am not opposed to floral scents. I like Violet, and loved the scent of the QED Violetta, but it burned my face, as did the Mama Bear Victorian Violets. I liked the Trumper's Violet cream.

My only hesitation with the AOS lemon and the TOBS lemon + lime (although that one is doing poorly in the poll) is that I already have 3 citrus products. I would have thought the shaving shop would be doing better. We'll have to see how things look tonight when more people come online.

Only have tried a sample of this but outstanding. Have a total of about 6 tubs to get through before I can justify another purchase, but this will probably be it.

I'd go with Shaving Shop over Rose.. If you want to buy a tub of TOBS rose, send me a PM. I have that only has one use, and I don't need it. :redface:

Alright, I just tried the Mr. Taylor and loved it. The question is, do I need another cologne-scented one (like St. James or Shaving Shop) or should I go a different route with the Rose?

Well, not to spoil your fun before the poll expires, but I did buy the tub of TOBS Rose off of Mr. Baseball. It seems to get a lot of good reviews, so at the very least, I thought it would be worth my while to see what all the fuss is about.

Mike

Go for something a bit off the beaten path, like eShave White Tea.

I tire of scents pretty quickly, but not this one. It also happens to be a very good cream, and might just open up a whole line of top grade stuff to you, that might even be locally available.

If you want to stick to your list, I'd go with the AOS.

I might be cutting off my nose to spite my face, but I tend to shy away from artisanal products. I prefer the lighter scents, which pushes me away from the artisanal soaps, whos biggest advantage seems to be for those who like over the top scents, and I guess this pushes me away from the creams by sort of a solvent drag.

Shave Shop, Rose, and Lemon - Lime are all good. My favorite in order from most to least would be Shave Shop, Lemon - Lime and then Rose. I have also tried lavender and avocado, but these are my three favorites. You can't go wrong with any of them, imo.

+1 on the TOBS Avocado. Incredible stuff - great for the skin and unique scent that's a bit citrussy (is that a word?).

Yeah, I already tried the Avocado. It gave me a great shave, but the scent was not for me. I much prefer the stronger, more woodsy scent of the Mr. Taylor. I felt the same way about the Eton College. I have never gotten a bad shave with a Taylor's product, I just haven't been that wild about those two scents.

I'm curious how I will like the Rose. It seems to have a lot of fans. In the review section, it has quite a lot of positive reviews and little, if any, negatives. I know that is highly subjective, as some may not have posted a negative review, but at least, it seems, those who dislike it don't dislike it enough that they wanted to post a review.

I voted for the TOBS Rose. For me it has a nice, light scent; very pleasant.

Of the selections listed, the only other one I have tried is the TOBS Lemon & Lime. IMO, it had neither lemon nor lime...

+1 on the TOBS Rose. I love that stuff! Then again, I love rose, period. I also have Tryphon's Rose cream, Salter's Wild Rose & QED's Wild Rose soap.

I just ordered something from superlather.com that's completely off the beaten path - La Toja shaving cream. After reading Joel's review of their shave stick I had to try it.

...but no SCAD here, uh uh. Not me. No sir. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom