What's new

2nd round Soap Pass-Around

Used 124 tonight, if this wasn't sample only I would have never been able to try it. Great great great great soap. Awesome lavender scent, fresh lavender too, not fake smelling at all. Great globs of super soft super slick lather.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425267515.458418.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425267535.009781.jpg

If this stuff didn't cost so dang much I would order some in a heartbeat.

Great reviews, John! I can't help but notice that you are being perhaps *too* polite with how much soap you're using for your test lathers --- many of your pics show barely any lather on your brush! Don't be afraid to use enough soap to get a good read on it. :)

Great reviews, John! I can't help but notice that you are being perhaps *too* polite with how much soap you're using for your test lathers --- many of your pics show barely any lather on your brush! Don't be afraid to use enough soap to get a good read on it. :)

Probably so :( I just didn't want to waste any but I should use a bit more on the next tests. Want to give the soaps a fighting chance. Funny thing is, I'm the opposite way with my own soaps, load 'em like I hate 'em!

Great job John! glad to see you enjoying the box. Hopefully we will see a round 3. I think there are enough soaps to justify it :)

I could be wrong but I'm too lazy to go back and read the thread for confirmation, but I thought I read in this thread that Jason did plan on doing another round. Either way Jason gets a end of the round turn with the box as well before any of that comes into play.

Ok, so I haven't had time to work through the box since I've been studying for promotion testing. That ended today when I took the test so here goes my review of #41

It sucked....

Ok ok I didn't like the performance I got from it and I have to admit it was probably something I did. The scent was great, but even with using a good sized chunk of soap and adding water drop by drop my lather died on my face. Bubbly and thin and just disappeared.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425499340.085172.jpg

I worked this lather for a good 5 minutes and just couldn't get it.

Ok, so I haven't had time to work through the box since I've been studying for promotion testing. That ended today when I took the test so here goes my review of #41

It sucked....

Ok ok I didn't like the performance I got from it and I have to admit it was probably something I did. The scent was great, but even with using a good sized chunk of soap and adding water drop by drop my lather died on my face. Bubbly and thin and just disappeared.

I worked this lather for a good 5 minutes and just couldn't get it.

That brand is a little notorious for giving some people trouble. The trick is to start pretty dry and add water slowly. Also - stay away from hot water. Room temp, or cooler.

I have only had trouble once with this brand and that's when I used a badger/boar mix brush on it. It came out just like yours. I washed it down the sink and relathered with my synth (Plisson) and go my usual great results. I'm not sure if it was the water held in the brush, or what, but I've learned that brush is no longer allowed near that brand of soap. (life's too short to figure out why this happened - maybe if I ever run out of soaps and razor/blade combinations to test :))

Running short on time this morning so I grabbed #41 and cut off a piece. Rubbed it on my scruff and face lathered, got a great lather off it. Super slick and smelled great.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425615700.824830.jpg

Sorry guys, busy time over the past week. I am still trying to contact Jason and if I can't get in touch with him then I guess we can just start the pass for #3 with me. Someone get a list going lol

I'd suggest we give Jason another week to reply before doing anything. If we don't hear from him then we should pick somebody to start and organize the "3rd passaround thread". I'd suggest that those of us who participated in this thread vote on the organizer of the third.

Top Bottom