What's new

2nd round Soap Pass-Around

Gents,

The first soap pass-around is wrapping up and went better then I could have ever anticipated. The box started with 12 soaps and now has 22 soaps in it. 77 soaps from 35 different brands have made their way in the box along the way. I highly encourage you to look at the last pages in the first pass to see the list of soaps that have been chosen from the box.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/373165-Possibly-Neverending-Soap-Passaround-Box

The time to get the second pass started is now. Please read the rules (even if you are a veteran from the first pass) as some have changed from the first pass.

The rules for this one are:

1) ONLY shaving soaps are allowed (Croaps are ok, no creams).
2) Member are expected to put in $30.00ish worth of soaps and take out roughly the same amount. If you add less, be gentlemanly and take out product equal to your contribution.
3) If you are planning to add more than one puck of soap to the box, please make an effort to add soaps from DIFFERENT makers. The reason being, if you add three soaps from the same maker and take out three soaps from three separate makers, the next guy in line has a lot less variety to choose from. This defeats the purpose of the pass.
4) Soaps MUST BE UNUSED when they go into the box. The reason for this rule is, I don't want people just tossing in things they don't like. Rather, I want people adding things they LOVE and want others to try. If you want to contribute something used IN ADDITION to your actual contribution, you're more than welcome to do so.
5) Members are free to test out several things before making their actual choices.
6) Artisan soaps are HIGHLY encouraged
7) No VDH, Williams (vintage ok), Arko, Proraso, etc... (yes they are all noble soaps, but lets step it up a notch)
8) Participants must take a pic of what they take from the box and post it on B&B
9) Participants must email me a pic of their contribution to the box. (not that we're not all gents, but I want to make sure everything is on the up and up)
10) Keep the box for no longer than 5 days and post the tracking number on B&B once it gets mailed out
11) We want to hear about your take! Why did you choose what you chose, how does it lather, smell, give us a nice review!
12) This is limited to people in the US and APOs. Sorry, but I did one that went into Canada and it kinda' sucked for those who got socked with the additional shipping costs.
13) Subscribe to this thread so you can keep up with what's going on here easier
14) Optional Rule: If you give your soaps a random number between 200-400, it will allow people to review your soaps prior to them being removed from the box. PM me the numbers you are assigning them when you send the pics of your contribution. Make sure you don't use a number that has already been taken.
15) Sample Rule: Some people have added samples to the box. Know that if you add a sample, it cannot count toward your $30 contribution and if you take a sample, it does not count against your $30 take.
16) When you know, please PM me what you are planning to contribute prior to you actually purchasing your soap. This is the best way I can think of to minimize duplicate soaps and keep the variety of high.
17) I'm going to randomize the list to keep the veteran passers from having to take and pass from the same guys as last time so don't be freaked if you signed up 2nd and end up 7th on the list.
18) This pass is limited to 30 members. If this pass goes as well as the first there will definitely be a 3rd pass.
19) Keep it fun! This is a rare chance for us to check out a large variety of soaps first hand. Lets face it, half the time we're buying blind on the recommendations of our fellow B&Bers

I want to get this going shortly after the first pass gets back to me (probably in month or less). If you want in, post on here and PM me your name, address, email and phone number.

If anyone is interested in contributing soaps to the box before the pass-around gets started let me know, I'll make sure you're not placed right in the beginning so you can get something different than your donation.

Last edited:
Hi Jason,
I had a blast reading the first thread and would love to be included in the second.
Thanks for all your effort!

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your efforts with the first passaround. I would love to participate in the second. It was a blast the first time.

Lane

Same here! I'd love to be in the second pass! I've already picked my soaps for the contribution!

I've also purchased a soap or two based on other members picks. I can't wait!

Here for the return trip. Thought I was going to miss it since I was away for church. Glad to be here and part of the encore.

Just compiling the list in the order it comes in. Please understand, I'm taking the previous order of veteran passers in mind so this list will not reflect the final order. This way shubes isn't getting the box a month after just having it.

justadivebum
AndroiDad75
.soap.
dgreene120
bach_rocks
shubes
jpmess
oteixiera
MrSmith
austinantihipster
InNae
SilentTuba