What's new

2nd round Soap Pass-Around

19th. I can handle that. It just means I have more time to drull over everyones post! And enough time to get my funds in order to get some goods.

Ok, after spending only one day with the box on the first passaround, I am absolutely sold on the second. I would love to be added to this!

If it's possible to still get in on this, I'd be most appreciative! Still a relative newbie (bit more than a year now), so I'm still trying to figure out which soaps I love and which I don't.

Gents,

The box is currently back in my hands and I've been greedily enjoying the wonders of the box for the last couple of days. I should be getting it on the road sometime this week. Make sure you have your soaps ready around the time you expect to get the box and you get in contact with the person before and after you to ensure you have the correct contact info.

.soap.
Dantheman
dgreene120
austinantihipster
InNae
SilentTuba
lobomalo72
MrSmith
dfoulk
mbkintner
CJames
SteveE1959
Waldo_Phill
CloseEnough
cpacamper
SaintAndrewsAlumnus
justadivebum
AndroiDad75
buffalo
bach_rocks
shubes
jpmess
jhadsell1883
oteixiera
Brian G r a f s t r o m
pyro
mrlandpirate
Demaskee

My name is not on the list. Is there something else I need to do?

Just making sure I got you what was needed. If it was just missed no big deal, things happen!

The box is off! It has more than twice the soaps that were in the box when the first pass started.

New passers, you're in for a real treat. Veteran passers you know what's in store!

Tracking number is 9114901159818671336874

.soap. you may have to wipe some tears off the box, it was even tougher to let it go the second time.

Demaskee - Box Originated
.soap. - On Deck
Dantheman
dgreene120
austinantihipster
InNae
SilentTuba
lobomalo72
MrSmith
dfoulk
mbkintner
CJames
SteveE1959
Waldo_Phill
CloseEnough
cpacamper
SaintAndrewsAlumnus
justadivebum
AndroiDad75
buffalo
bach_rocks
shubes
jpmess
jhadsell1883
oteixiera
Brian G r a f s t r o m
pyro
mrlandpirate
calhoun1
Demaskee

Oh man, I'm so beyond excited for my turn with the box!!! :woot:

Thanks in advance to Jason for all of his efforts and to all of the members of the first pass who made generous contributions to the box in the last round!

Dantheman has already kindly sent me his mailing address for when I'm done and I've been researching methods for priority box tear removal.

Thanks again and I hope to provide thoughtful teases reviews as soon as the box is in my possession!

It's here, it's here, it's here, it's here, it's here!!!

I just happened to be working from home today due to totally unrelated circumstances so I've already been able to tear in and have a gander.

proxy.php

First impressions, the last pass-around thread really underestimated the sound of the angels that bursts out when you open this thing!

Also, the gents of the first pass really did an excellent job as far as adding diversity and fun to this box. I was frightened that the box could be 90% stocked by a particular artisan and I'm so pleased to report that's not the case! Lots of wonderful artisan and commercial products, many fantastic scents, and so many soaps that I've never tried before. Thanks again Jason for orchestrating this monstrous effort and for setting the tone for a great box and experience.

As for my turn, I've narrowed the box down to eight potential keepers that I will have the wife smell-test. I'll probably spin a brush on a few too (just got a new-to-me Amici that is begging for some test lathers!)

With any luck I'll get this box back to a post office tomorrow morning (Monday at the latest). If I'm able to get it shipped tomorrow it should get to Dan on Monday as we only live about two hours apart.

One last thing... I know many of you are excited for the box so here's one more pic of all the goodies laid out and organized on my counter... I hope you don't mind, Jason ;)
proxy.php

Another pass! New guys, if you didn't follow the other thread closly be prepared to have your doors blown off when this thing hits your door. Everyone else, you know what to do! Reviews Reviews Reviews! Can't wait as this moves along it becomes more and more things that I wont know about and I can start to play the guessing game again. :thumbup:

Are 24 and 124 still sample only Jason, or did they become fair game? What a great and crazy pass around we have.

Are 24 and 124 still sample only Jason, or did they become fair game? What a great and crazy pass around we have.

Yes, they are still *sample only*.

I just tried #24 as I've owned 124 for years now. I really regret not picking this one up before it was discontinued!

Normal top shelf performance with a knockout scent.
I passed on this one so many times due to the scent descriptions of other B&B members, and boy was that a mistake. Everyone calls it a combo of two different scents that I generally detest on their own. That said, when they're mixed, they're magical!

It's my opinion that "old school shaving" should smell like #24, and that the smell would magically work for persons of modern tastes as well.

Very glad I've had the opportunity to sniff and try this legend!

Can we share the names of the "sample only" soaps since you can't take them anyway?
I see no harm in sharing these and this way it may give me something special to look forward to trying.

I already know what the one in the jar is but the other that's been discontinued I do not know.
It may have been shared earlier in the thread. I've been following the thread but not that closely.

Top Bottom