What's new

Flat Cap Help!

I like this style. A bit more shape to it than the older style flat caps.

$Brad-Pitt.jpg

Kangol 507 (narrower) or the 504 (wider) if you have a fat head like me. They make them for summer and cool-weather wool.

Check out the Village Hat Shop and Berkeley Hats online. Great selection, wide range of price points, and easy to use websites.

I've tried a lot of fancy high dollar hats, but my favorite one was on sale for 10 bucks at Fred Meyer. Cheap doesn't have to mean bad. Fit, comfort and style are more important than cost every day of the week.

This has been a pet peeve of mine for years. Not only do I wear a large size(about 7.5) but I am also what hatters call a long oval. So if the cap is not made a bit more oval it can get a bit tight during fitting. I wish there was a custom hatter or cap maker who would take this up. I tried B!Wear Caps and the quality is superb but the style does not work for me. I cannot get any drape from it and wind up looking like a cheesy knockoff of The Great Gatsby. While makers of eight panel caps are around, no one seems to make a four, six, or eight panel flat caps bespoke. I would pay the price for one or three. I do have a John Hanly from Ireland that is very well made.

Cheers, Todd

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Agree on Villagehatshop.com. I've gotten several flats and similar hats from them, usually in the midrange and up on prices, but the have a huge variety of styles and an even huger price range

I ordered one from village hats in the UK, and found this email waiting for me today. I thought it was a class act on their part so I'm sharing this here:

Thank you again for your order.
Prior to despatching your parcel, we want to ensure you are aware that you are placing this order through a website based in London, England. The price listed on the order is in pounds, not dollars. With today’s conversion rate, the £XX charge you see listed on your invoices comes to approximately $XX USD with some variances depending on the rates your bank charges.

In addition, you may be responsible for any import charges, duties or taxes imposed by the U.S. government.

Please note, we do have a website based in California. You can view it at:

http://villagehatshop.com

You may find the hats you are looking for on the following page:

http://www.villagehatshop.com/category/186/1/fez.html

The prices and delivery times may also work out to your advantage if you purchased via the U.S. site.

We have placed your order on hold until Thursday July 10th. Please advise if you would like to proceed with the order, or cancel your order with us and plase a new order through www.villagehatshop.com. If we do not hear back from you by this date, we will despatch the order as requested.

Best Regards,
Jenaya

Village Hats
0844 357 7614
www.hatsandcaps.co.uk

Available Monday - Friday 9am-6pm

Last edited:
after a lot of trial and error I wound up with this one from Zappos...its an "Original Penguin" I am very happy with it and has become my daily wear this summer.
$IMG_0536.jpg

Top Bottom