What's new

Storage Problems.

No, this isn't a "How do I jar tobacco post?". This is a: was rearranging some thing in my closet and knocked a bunch of tins of tobacco on my head thread. Result was moving everything out of the closet to find a better fitting arrangement and came to realize, I need another closet in my little one bedroom apt.

This is what was in the closet. Not much compared to what some of you all are hoarding, er... Storing.

$image.jpg

Note this his is just what was in that closet, and doesn't include the some 16-20 oz of tobacco floating in baggies, pouches, or jars somewhere else in my dwelling.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 124
Oh, my lord! :scared: That looks like hazardous material. I guess i'll just have to be the one to dispose of it, saving your life and protecting your cranium:wink2:.

The tobacco that comes with those Pipa pipes is probably my favorite cavendish (and I don't care much for cavendish at all).

Do you have room to store a large Rubbermaid container somewhere? That will keep it contained all in one place and you can stack it on or under something if you really need to save space.

The tobacco that comes with those Pipa pipes is probably my favorite cavendish (and I don't care much for cavendish at all).

Oh, good... I was worried it was just me that really enjoyed the cavendish in those packs. Sadly, I didn't enjoy it enough to pay for the whole kit to get more, and (so far at least) they don't sell the blend without the kit, as far as I could find.

Great looking selection you got there. Lot more leaf than I have at this point being stored/aged. lol

Nice to see AD's are just as strong here in the Brown leaf. I dont smoke but check out the threads here once in a while as I enjoy looking at pipes etc.....but this looks like a big collection of Tobacco, or do all of you gentleman have this much stuff?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Nice collection of baccy. I probably have a few more varieties than that, but less total volume. I need to start buying/storing in bulk. I keep most of mine in a glass fronted book case, except for that which is in glass humidors in a couple of pipe racks.

Oh, good... I was worried it was just me that really enjoyed the cavendish in those packs. Sadly, I didn't enjoy it enough to pay for the whole kit to get more, and (so far at least) they don't sell the blend without the kit, as far as I could find.

Exactly how I feel. Don't want to buy that stinky pipe all the time. But there was something very nice about that blend. Too bad they don't sell it in bulk :(

Exactly how I feel. Don't want to buy that stinky pipe all the time. But there was something very nice about that blend. Too bad they don't sell it in bulk :(

I have to thank whisky for letting me try the blend in the first place....and now I know why his pif was so awesome :w00t: my cellar consists of a bag of penzance and like 4 tins. Anywho... I guess its just my body chemisty but to me that pipa cavendish blend tasted like air! I really couldn't discern anything other than the faintest tinge of burley taste in the smoke I was puffing on. Not to rain on anyone's parade or anything

Nice to see AD's are just as strong here in the Brown leaf. I dont smoke but check out the threads here once in a while as I enjoy looking at pipes etc.....but this looks like a big collection of Tobacco, or do all of you gentleman have this much stuff?
It's a big collection and I'm jealous. With taxes constantly skyrocketing (and roll-your-own cigarette tobacco dodging taxes by labeling the bags as "pipe tobacco") and the slight, unlikely but still possible risk that it could get completely outlawed, it behooves us to hoard as much as possible as soon as possible.

You're not paying much for the pipe. A slightly better pipe costs $1.50 shipped direct to US buyers from China, and I bet most of that is single-package shipping. You could save the lame pipes to give to friends who want to dabble, place one in each car/room/desk/etc for emergencies, give them to kids to use with bubbles, or use as a decoration:
proxy.php

You're not paying much for the pipe. A slightly better pipe costs $1.50 shipped direct to US buyers from China, and I bet most of that is single-package shipping. You could save the lame pipes to give to friends who want to dabble, place one in each car/room/desk/etc for emergencies, give them to kids to use with bubbles, or use as a decoration:

The biggest thing is that it still comes to almost $5 for 1.5oz, when quality bulk blends can be had for half that. I really liked it as a cavendish, but not enough to pay double what like the 1Q is in bulk. I'm sure it's all the single packaging more than the pipe itself that is the extra cost.

Sorry on the thread hijack... lol

Great looking selection you got there. Lot more leaf than I have at this point being stored/aged. lol

I have to thank whisky for letting me try the blend in the first place....and now I know why his pif was so awesome :w00t: my cellar consists of a bag of penzance and like 4 tins. Anywho... I guess its just my body chemisty but to me that pipa cavendish blend tasted like air! I really couldn't discern anything other than the faintest tinge of burley taste in the smoke I was puffing on. Not to rain on anyone's parade or anything

I'm too busy admiring the package to actually smoke it! :001_tt1:

I get a mild case of full body contortions, eyes bulging out of their sockets, heart busting through my chest and steam coming from my ears.. I could swear I even hear a faint old-timey car horn sound belching out of me. Other than that? ..meh

You my friend have it bad. My head just turns into a wolf and I howl while stomping my foot.

Top Bottom