What's new

Thayer's Witch Hazel

I've been using drug store witch hazel after shaving, and I believe it really helps not just with razor burn, but makes my skin healthier in general. I'm finally about done with this bottle and am looking to get a bottle of Thayer's because, frankly, the regular stuff smells terrible. I mean, the smell only lasts a few seconds, so it's tolerable, but I'm looking forward to something more pleasant. Anyways, just wondering if any of you have a favorite scent. I'm leaning towards the cucumber.

I'm using peach. which is my favourite sent but thinking of getting cucumber for those times when I don't want any alcohol. The peach smells pretty much like peach schnapps.

I bought my first bottle of Thayer's a month ago at GNC. Rose. It's very pleasant and I would buy it again.

I've been using lemon, it's great. I might try rose next.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 169
I use original but wanted the rose. I was just concerned that the smell would possibly conflict with my as (Pinaud). Probably a dumb worry but I am trying to not waste my money despite still being in "discovery" with wet shaving and all. I am going to go for rose when the bottle runs out.

The Thayer's Rose was a huge disappointment. Sickening, fake scent. No witch hazel "feel." I might try an old-fashioned w.h. with no aloe, etc., and see if I like it.

I thought I was buying their original without alcohol which was my intent but later noticed it has alcohol in it. Then I found the Cucumber at a GNC and bought a bottle of that but I haven't used either of those yet.

Try this: Go to their site and buy a sample collection of all the varieties ($16.95 if I remember correctly). Then choose your favorite and buy a large bottle. I have yet to find a brick and mortar store that stocks all of them but we have one here that will special order anything I want.

I have both the Thayers Aftershave Witch Hazel, and the Alcohol-free cucumber. I enjoy them both, but the cucumber has a very nice scent that does not last all that long. You cannot go wrong with the cucumber IMHO. But there are a lot of threads on here showing love for all the different Thayers scents.

Heck you might want to ignore this, Thayer's wants over $10 to ship the $16.95 (via UPS) samples!

I'll go take a look at their website, but that does seem pretty expensive with the shipping. I'd rather just buy a single bottle at my favorite online retailer.

I personally prefer the plain witch hazel from the drug store. Thayer's left my face feeling sticky. That being said you can find Thayer's at whole foods stores like Earthfare or you can find it at GNC most times.

I personally prefer the plain witch hazel from the drug store. Thayer's left my face feeling sticky. That being said you can find Thayer's at whole foods stores like Earthfare or you can find it at GNC most times.

GNC, really? I'll have to stop by there next time I'm at the PX.

Heck you might want to ignore this, Thayer's wants over $10 to ship the $16.95 (via UPS) samples!
The Thayer's site does have high shipping but it is a great way to try all the flavors. I bought the sample pack a couple of years ago and it really helped me pick my favorites. I use the peach, cucumber and the after shave in my rotation. After using the samples the surprise favorite of mine is the peach. I would have never guessed I would have like it before I tried it.

Top Bottom